Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I like Delta. Really, I do. But today was exceptional. We are flying from HSV to SEA on June 19th for a cruise. We return on June 27. I fully understand equipment and flight number changes. When I booked this, I paid full board for first class seats all the way. I even chose flights that specifically had first class.

So I get curious today and access my itinerary, and find that my departure flight was moved from 7am to 6am. I also see that I am now flying business class from SEA to ATL instead of first class. No biggie there. But they had me on a flight arriving at ATL at 7:39pm, and my connection to HSV would have been on the ground at HSV about the time I arrived at ATL. So I call Delta and get the dreaded guy in the Philippines. He redirects me to a stateside agent. This agent fixes my last flight and I ask why I am also in coach on this flight since the airplane shows first class seats. I am told my first class booking is not really a "full" first class booking, and it allows me to be placed in coach. News to me. I am paying $5000 for three round-trip tickets from HSV to SEA and back. But, this agent says she will see if her supervisor will approve my getting the big seats. Of course, I then get cut off and the phone goes dead. So I call back. Now I get a different agent who breathes really hard into the phone. She says "no problem" and puts us in first class and we are done in 30 seconds. Nice job by the last person.

And I also got my departure flight changed to a more civil hour.

Why does it take three phone calls to get this done?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM

I got four words for ya Dave. "Shoulda used your agent". Just kidding, you're obviously perfectly able to handle this without assistance. Just glad you noticed and were able to finally get someone with some snap. Hard to do in this day and age. The heavy sigh was what tickled me. She just had to let you know, non-verbally, that your finding their error was really an inconvenience to her day. Unbelievable what is accepted as service in most industries, including most of the travel industry. Have a great time.

Wish I'd have thought of this earlier but didn't. If you're going into Seattle early or staying after I got a tip from a client who is well travelled and whose judgement I trust completely. They wanted a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel for their stay there recently. They did some research and came up with a little place called The Inn at Harbor Steps. Said it was incredible, affordable, convenient to everything including tourist attractions like the old brewery, steps away. After giving me a much longer and more detailed description than is prudent here, I wrote it down for the next time I'm in Seattle, if I ever get up that way again. The phone in case anyone is interested is 800-728-8910. I almost want to plan a trip to Seattle just to stay there, they made it sound so appealing. Sorry for the light bulb going off so late in the game, I didn't snap until reading your last post.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 07:31 PM
" . . . any cruise starting of ending, or round trip from L.A. . . . "
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 PM

I have no idea of a good LA choice but if I hear anything, you'll be the first to know. I love getting little tidbits of info, wish I got them more often or could remember them without having to write them down and then when I need them not knowing where I wrote them! Isn't aging wonderful, that sharp as a tack memory I once had is gone. Or did I ever really have one, I can't remember.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Administrator

I booked the airport Doubletree in Seattle. They have a cruise special which includes a ride to the pier. I also get Hilton Honor points with them. We won't be getting to the hotel until 6pm or so, thus won't be interested in the Seattle stuff - although the marketplace and some other things do interest me. Perhaps another time.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I have lots of good L.A. ideas; post-it notes all around my computer; all I need is a 14,000 Dow and I'm gone.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:33 PM

It was over 13,000 on the 2nd and hit another rough patch. It closed high 12s today. Start packing, my crystal ball (or was that my majic 8 ball, it's never wrong ya know) says 14,000 by end of June. Better get it in before the election is over. Same crystal ball says more trouble in the more distant future.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah. We're in trouble no matter who wins. Was that too political? Probably was. I don't care. I'm going anyway. I just wish I had bought Carnival PLC at $37.00.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
So I get curious today and access my itinerary, and find that my departure flight was moved from 7am to 6am.
Dave, did you originally book these flights by calling Delta, or online? I'm curious because when you book online, or through a travel agent, the airline is supposed to inform you of a "schedule change" if any of your flight times change by more than 5-10 minutes. You're not supposed to have to find these things out by yourself, especially on flights that leave earlier than the original time!

Sandy
Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Dave, I've noticed the same thing about talking to different agents when I was trying to arrange my flight back from Barcelona. Seems to me that you have to connect with the one that is in the best mood.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
deltad