Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 PM

That was a hoot! Not to use Lee's favorite word "Amazing" but it sorta was with all the surprise artists. Two of the highlights for me was when Bret Michaels came out to sing "Every Rose has a Thorn" with Casey. And then when Janet Jackson performed. I also liked that Paula was there for Simon's farewell. She received a standing ovation, which speaks volumes.

Dwayne
Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I agree, Dwayne; in all honesty I'm not and never have been a big Idol fan, but that was one of the best two hours of television I have ever seen. I loved seeing Lee sing with Chicago; he looked like he just couldn't believe it. And Janet Jackson was probably the highlight of the show--and I don't even like her.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:53 AM

Sorry I missed that, Chicago was my favorite group. I haven't watched too much of Idol mainly because of Simon, plus it got too much for me (hokey). But that sounds like a fantastic show. Could Chicago hit the notes of old?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 AM

This was the first season of "Idol" I've ever watched past laughing at the auditions. I agree last night's show was great, although some of the singers (Chicago, BeeGees) are a bit past their prime, but I loved seeing/hearing them, anyway.

I was hoping Lee would win; my husband was a Crystal fan. I think they both have brilliant futures in music ahead.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I agree Sandy; there was no loser last night although my wife and I were pretty sure Lee had it--in spite of all the hype around Crystal.

Penny, as Sandy noted, Lee sang with Chicago, The Bee Gees, Joe Cocker and Michael McDonald and blew 'em all away--he gave me goosebumps on "25 or 6 to 4".
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Did you know Lee was supported by Vote for the worst. People down load a program to auto dial for him.
Wish they could stopp that type of stuff!!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 PM
So Gary, are you saying some people voted for him because they thought he was the worst? I remember hearing about this a few seasons ago--some guy who was really really bad. But who could think Lee was bad: IMHO he was the clear winner.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:59 PM

I guess I just show up for the cake and ice cream. dont watch any of it until the last night to watch the winner announced. same way with dancing with the stars.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM

It truly was some "amazing" television for a change. I really didn't have a favorite as I only watched sporadically this year.

I did love when Janet basically gave the 20 somethings (Britney etc.) a schooling in what a stage performance should be like from a 40 something. And "amazingly" without lip synching (That I could tell) or having a wardrobe malfunction.

Watch HERE.

Dwayne
Old 05-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Yea the there is a site that dials the numbers each week. The ones who have the busy signals are the top vote getters. Then this site takes the information and gets people to vote for who they think is the worst. One site (I can not find it now but will keep looking) says that Lee pick up about 15% of his votes from "Vote for the worst".

I like them both but preferred Bowersox. Of course I never took the time to call in, so I guess that says something.

I do think that Bowersox has a better chance of "making it". I probably will not buy a album from either of them. I might down load a few select tracks.

Closed Thread

Tags
american, finale, forum, idol, lido, sites