Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 AM

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of George Carlin. He was undoubtedly my favorite commedian. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I have a lot of his tapes, and was able to see him in person a few times. Great entertainer and person.

Also, to Scott Kalitta's family and friends. He was a fantastic top fuel and funny car driver and it came to an end doing what he loved to do. His qualifying run would have put him in the field.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 AM

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of George Carlin. He was undoubtedly my favorite commedian. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I have a lot of his tapes, and was able to see him in person a few times. Great entertainer and person.

Also, to Scott Kalitta's family and friends. He was a fantastic top fuel and funny car driver and it came to an end doing what he loved to do. His qualifying run would have put him in the field.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 PM

With Redd Fox and Richard Prior already and long gone and now George Carlin, we've lost some of the great comics of my generation. I enjoyed them all and owe them all a debt of gratitude for the many laughs and fond memories. I'll also miss the ol' Hippy Dippy weather man but it makes me smile just to think about him and some of his routines that have been committed to memory.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

My favorite routine of his was baseball vs. football.

And, what a shock about Scott Kalitta.

RIP, George and Scott.

LisaP
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 AM

He was one of my favorite comedians.

Dwayne
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 AM

"Forecast for this evening....dark", "continued dark until tomorrow morning where there will be scattered daylight". Thank heavens for some of the marvelous people that have brought smiles to our faces. Scott Kalitta brought a smile to my face as well. I'd love to feel what it's like to go over 300 mph in a quarter mile-wow!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM

I loved Carlin's routines about travel, and airline travel in particular. "Why do I check in at the 'terminal' to my 'final destination??'"

Sandy
Old 06-24-2008, 12:17 PM

And his routine about "stuff" you have to pack your "stuff". Then you go on a side trip and have to pack "stuff" from your "stuff". I saw him twice in Vegas. I swear he didn't have to open his mouth and I was doubled over. He did a skit on peas and I lost it.

There's a real nice tribute to Scott Kalitta on YouTube.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:03 PM

My favorite had to be his "Saving the Planet" routine. He had a dark side and some of his humor was offensive to many, you definatly didn't dare to heckle him. He had a new gear for hecklers and it was brutal. But even when I didn't like the topics or direction of some skits, you still counldn't help but laugh until it sometimes hurt.

I'm not much of a race fan so didn't even know who Scott was but it's always sad to see people pass well before their time. I understand Scott was younger than I am. They say some of the brightest bulbs burn out before their time. That's been true in my life with several friends. I've lost some of the best people I've known in life at a very early age. The cycle of life continues and we are better for having known them, however briefly.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 AM

quote:
I loved Carlin's routines about travel, and airline travel in particular. "Why do I check in at the 'terminal' to my 'final destination??'"

"near miss". When two planes almost collide, they call it a near miss. It's a near hit!

Dwayne

Closed Thread