Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocruiser:
I thought it was because people haven't learned to how to put a cogent thought down in a readable format.
Geez psychocruiser, wasn't that kind of a serious reply? Coming from you that is.

Sonny
Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

I have my moments of clarity. And during those moments of clarity, my perceptual acuity is really fined tuned, especially in identifying people and what they're all about.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned

Well Suzy Cruise, while I agree to some of your reasoning regarding the social ills of this country, I don't wholey endorse your position; but that's okay. Psychocruiser hits very closely to what I was alluding. It's not just those on the bottom rung of the socioeconomic ladder that exhibit pure stupidity. I know plenty of wealthy people who can't put a sentence together; spoken or written. In general, our society is just not as smart as it used to be. Look at how poorly our schools are educating children these days; look at what matters to people these days. Look at what people do in their spare time; there isn't a whole lot of enrichment sought in one's limited spare time. There are a number of ills that contribute; I don't have an answer but I sure do see a lot of stupid in people; all types of people...young, old, poor, wealthy...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Too many TV shows flaunt the ignorant scum of the earth I mentioned, as if it represents a major cross-section of America. So, people around the world who have never been here think Americans are idiots. It's embarrassing to me.
case and point:

Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Give "Maury" some credit too, Frase.

A'ndrea
Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 PM

wow
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM

Montel, Oprah, Katie Couric to name a few more. Political correctness, hate crime legislation and the global warming conspiracy all serve to prove the gullibility and stupidity of some of our citizens, old and young. IMO
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

And as just a side thought, look through this board. This site attracts people with the means to travel; I doubt there are very many welfare bimbos and crack heads posting here. However, while there are some really good questions asked here, and I don't mean to offend anyone's sensibilities here, but man, there are some really dumb questions asked here, too. And they get answered!

On the TV mode, it's not just recent TV that is mind numbing; look at the highly rated shows from the 70s and early 80s; i.e Laverne and Shirley. Sorry to dumb (or dump) on you Wisconsin. How about Three's Company? How about Erkl (sp?).
Old 08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought it was because people haven't learned to how to put a cogent thought down in a readable format.
WOW; my clarity wasn't quite so clear. Let me correctly express my thought:

I thought it was because people haven't learned how to put a cogent thought down in a readable format.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

Did someone just hit the rewind button?

Closed Thread