Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Why do I suddenly have a craving for one of those greasy (and good) Carnival cheeseburgers?
I give up - why?

Now you got me craving one. I actually didn't have a single one on the last cruise. The deli and other offerings were so good I was always full. I did have a killer one over at Blue Lagoon Island though. I guess that helped my craving for a cheeseburger in paradise.

I am stumped by the news reporting that the box they were putting over the well got ice crystals on it.

Dwayne
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 AM
This morning the Coast Guard is reporting that gobs of oil are beginning to wash up in the Florida Keys.....undersea currents being what they are.....the Atlantic Coast and beyond may be in for a portion of this diaster! I truly hope the siphoning system works and works well....one ocean current feeds another and the final implications are global!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:

I am stumped by the news reporting that the box they were putting over the well got ice crystals on it.

Dwayne
Believe it or not, once you get down past 1000 meters, the ocean temperatures are only about 36 degrees even at the equator. The sunlight doesn't penetrate and the warm water keeps moving to the top.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM

The good news is we didn't see any oil on our cruise. The bad news is, if it gets in the Gulfstream, it will rapidly deploy to other areas. This is truly going to turn into a global mess. I know BP is trying, I saw that a gentleman in Canada is donating a tanker to help. Seems like they need many more feeds and many more tankers.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not, once you get down past 1000 meters, the ocean temperatures are only about 36 degrees even at the equator. The sunlight doesn't penetrate and the warm water keeps moving to the top.
Thanks! That one had me stumped. I also heard about the oil gob reported near Key West. Very upsetting news. I hope they can get this stopped - like, yesterday!

Dwayne
Old 05-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator

The Key West oil globs are apparently not from the BP leak - different kind of oil. For perspective, roughly the same amount of oil as is leaking from the BP site also leaks into the Gulf Of Mexico every day as a matter of nature. Of course the other seepage is more widespread and thus not as prominent.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM

And now the BP stockholder Class Action lawsuits begin. Not to post anything of a political nature, but I'm not happy about how "we" are handling this. I mean putting a "foreign" company in charge of handling this disaster that effects our shores doesn't work for me. I better shut up.

I say they call NASA scientists in and plug it!

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM

If only Red Adair had not passed away a few years ago, I am sure he would have a simple solution...
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Probably.

Dwayne
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 AM

So here we are 47 days later. The news is now giving possible scenarios for it getting into the Gulf Stream and coming up the Atlantic coast. I've been very upset about this taking so long to fix, and all the people's lives it has affected.

If it gets into the marshes and wetlands even BP doesn't have deep enough pockets to fix or pay for the damage that will be done.

Dwayne