Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Ok just for kicks who on this forum does NOT sleep the night before a cruise?? I know I didn't and my sister never does. Ok so who else has this going on.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Shoot, I have trouble sleeping for up to a week before a cruise, then I don't want to sleep on the cruise because I am afraid I will miss something. This is when a person needs a vacation after the cruise just to catch up on the sleep.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 AM

I am so glad to find out I am not the only one that boards a ship with bloodshot eyes due to lack of sleep. I leave in 10 days and I couldnt sleep last night thinking about what I want to pack, the ship, the beautiful water, watching the sun rise over the ocean...I cant wait.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 AM

Where are you going on your cruise?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 AM

I have lots of trouble falling asleep the night before. I am afraid of sleeping through the alarm so I cannot relax. The taxi is booked for 4:30am to make the 6am plane. I would have a heart attack if I slept in and missed the flight. So maybe I get 2-3 hours of restless sleep.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Is there anyone else or just us????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM

I am leaving on the Holiday, Sept 24, but my sister and I always get in a few days early so we can visit. We live 1000 miles apart. Cruising is our special time. our husbands have no desire to join us..
Old 09-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I am fixing to go on my first cruise and I have to be up at 4am to leave by 5 to catch my plane. Plus I am excited already so I don't think I will be getting much sleep. Then there is the issue of seeing everything like Greyson said. I don't want to miss anything. So, where does sleep fit in?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Then there is the issue of seeing everything like Greyson said. I don't want to miss anything. So, where does sleep fit in?
We always say, "We'll sleep when we get home."

However, one of the most indulgent things we like to do is take an afternoon nap during a day at sea...

Sandy
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Greyson:
Shoot, I have trouble sleeping for up to a week before a cruise, then I don't want to sleep on the cruise because I am afraid I will miss something. This is when a person needs a vacation after the cruise just to catch up on the sleep.
Grayson -- Me, too!
I havn't taken a flight yet because many ports are not that far away from me. If I flew to Mobile from B'ham, it would cost over $400pp roundtrip. It's a 5 hour drive from B'ham. A flight to Orlando however, is under $200. From there I could shuttle to Port Canaveral when I get ready to go on Glory.
I was so worried about having unexpected car trouble, that I drove to Mobile a day early, checked into a hotel, took my own alarm clock, and requested a wake-up call. It was the first night I slept more than 5 hours in the last month. I felt refreshed and ready for fun.
On the cruise, I only slept in my cabin when everything was closed. I awoke early every morning so I wouldn't miss breakfast. I had an alarm clock and I left the curtain slightly open so that the sun would wake me up if the alarm clock didn't. I read the capers everynight before going to sleep. I didn't want to miss anything.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloodshot, cruise, eyes, review, ships, sleep