Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM

We get to hear regularly of the woes of our times. When good news happens it seems to be a secret.

Have you heard the dow rebounded today and almost every segment of the maket ended up?! I didn't think so.

Have you heard that oil pricing has dropped $9. a barrell in just two days?! Just two days! That remarkable! I didn't think you'd hear that on the news so thought I'd share it.

Have you heard the housing problems are recovering in many parts of the country and in many markets home values are on the rise and forclosures are declining? I didn't think so, that's not the type of thing that makes headlines like the housing bust is.

Have you heard the latest reports on the situation in Iraq? Thing are improving darmatically! Casualties are down, their economy and political stability have dramatically improved. Sectors that were once plagued with conflict are thriving. Schools are rebuilt and open. The power shortages that were common are a thing of the past. Clean drinking water is now available in regions where that wasn't the case a short time ago. Of course you probably hadn't heard the good news. It seems to be a secret. Only body bags and IED's make the news. Good news apparently isn't worthy of coverage.

I love good news! I just thought I'd share that this is a day to celebrate. Bear markets usually last 18 months or better, this one lasted a couple of days and is over already. I'm certain you've heard we're in a recession. The fact that a recession is defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth seems to be not worth reporting. Have we had two consecutive quarters of negative growth? Nope! The more they talk about it, the more likely it'll happen so the talk is rampant. The fact is, we've had some negative pressures with gas pricing hitting records. With a housing crisis and other things that have hurt over the past several months it's hard to find any good news at all, especially if you watch and read the news. Today, the news is good on every front. Let's talk about it, lets celebrate some good news and the hope for much more to come!

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank you for that, Neil. I was thinking along the same lines, but you actually took the time to put it into words. Ever thought of starting your own blog? I'd read it.

Rick
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM

You are correct.. we hear and spread the bad news first.
I would like to share this.
My Son finally got Married.

Might not be the right place but it was good News to us.
back to the New.. We had reporter all over the place when the firs near us broke out... none of them reported the fires were out now. They left and continue to report new fires. One would think that they are all burning.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Gary, congratulations on your son's marriage; they make a beautiful couple. And I'm so glad to hear you are safe from the fires.

Rick
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 PM

Gary, my congratulations on the big event as well! Rick's is right on the mark, what a great looking couple.

Good news may be more rare than the predictions of doom and gloom but it sure is more fun to read. Thanks for the pics!

P.S. Rick, thanks for the note but I'm no writer.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 AM

Congrats, Gary! They do make a wonderful looking couple.

Great pics as always, glad the fires are out near you.

Dwayne
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Gary, thank you for the photo share. They make a beautiful couple. Congratulations to all!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 AM

Congratulations from me as well, Gary! They do make a gorgeous couple.

My son is getting married next week!

Sandy
Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM

Congratulations Gary, you're going to have gorgeous grandchildren. What a beautiful couple! I sure hope they went on a cruise for their honeymoon Thank you for the great pictures, too!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM

Congrats Gary! I'm almost there myself!

And thanks for the good news, Neil!

But I need to be selfish for a minute - I hope the housing market stays down for another year or two. I will hopefully (fingers crossed) be purchasing a home in that time frame, and I don't want to miss out on this buyers market! We unfortunately need to rent for a bit first - which kills me! It's throwing money out the window!

Closed Thread

Tags
bertha, butt, calenders