Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 AM

We're having fun venting in another thread. How about if we post things that renew our faith in our fellow (wo)man?

I love that there are still people who give up their seat on a subway or bus to an elderly person or a pregnant woman.

I love that the waiter at my local Bertucci's brought us a big paper bag full of their fabulous rolls to take home, after we told him how much we love them.

I love that there are people who let me into traffic when it's bumper-to-bumper and I'm trying to merge. Granted, it's usually a woman driver!! I love that there are people who don't speed up when they see me put on my signal because I want to change lanes.

I love that a stranger in front of us paid our toll on the Delaware Turnpike. We, in turn, paid someone else's toll further down I-95.

I love when the stranger in the next row of an airplane helps others put their luggage in the overhead compartment. I've seen this happen on AMTRAK as well.

I love when new neighbors come by with a cake as a "welcome to the neighborhood."

Anyone else?

Sandy
Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 AM

We're having fun venting in another thread. How about if we post things that renew our faith in our fellow (wo)man?

I love that there are still people who give up their seat on a subway or bus to an elderly person or a pregnant woman.

I love that the waiter at my local Bertucci's brought us a big paper bag full of their fabulous rolls to take home, after we told him how much we love them.

I love that there are people who let me into traffic when it's bumper-to-bumper and I'm trying to merge. Granted, it's usually a woman driver!! I love that there are people who don't speed up when they see me put on my signal because I want to change lanes.

I love that a stranger in front of us paid our toll on the Delaware Turnpike. We, in turn, paid someone else's toll further down I-95.

I love when the stranger in the next row of an airplane helps others put their luggage in the overhead compartment. I've seen this happen on AMTRAK as well.

I love when new neighbors come by with a cake as a "welcome to the neighborhood."

Anyone else?

Sandy
Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 AM
I love when a co-worker see's you need help and they don't just walk by but they stop and help.
I love when have only one item and I am in a check out line and someone says" go in front".

I love when my son ( who is now a parent) says to me " Mom I now understand why you were so hard on me".

I love waking up everyday to a new beginning.

I love the smell of newborn childern.

I love the smell of freshly baked bread.

I love you all on this forum.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-18-2008, 07:26 AM

My wife
Grandkids

Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM

I love it when my kids don't fight, but are actually nice to each other...
I love a quiet house...
I love to be alone with a book...
I love to be alone with my husband...
I love to be with my children...
I love a good night sleep...(weird, huh?)
I love it when we decide on which cruise to book next...
I love meeting new people...
I love looking out at the vastness of the ocean...
Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 AM

These are all such good lists! I feel better already.

Sandy
Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Standing outside on a crisp fall morning with a steaming cup of coffee, looking at the leaves.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM

well, since I just added a negative rant to the "annoying" post, I should contribute something nice here. I like:

-The first really nice day of spring, when you can drive home with the windows open for the first time

-Forgeting that you have a holiday from work, only to remember a few days before it

-Waking up in the middle of the night, thinking you have to get up soon, only to discover that its only like 1am and you can sleep for much longer

-Having a really good day at the particular sport you like to play

-Finding a surprise (money/candy/something funny/etc.) in your winter jacket the first time you wear it that year

-Coming home and being able to really cook - a good recipe in mind, all the ingredients are available, you have plenty of time, and a good beer to have while doing it

-Getting my entire group of friends together, especially since its becoming harder and harder to do that

-Hanging out with my good guys friends, around the grill with a beer...or, even better, around a bonfire

-naps

Ok, thats enough for now - just off the top of my head
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Stepping on board a cruise ship!!!!!!!!!!
Leaving work.
Summer.
Snorkeling in the Caribbean.
Sailing.
Friends and family.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Seeing something that reminds you of a fun time in the past, and suddenly starting to smile and laugh. Somebody asks you what is so funny and you can tell them and relive the experience all over again.

Closed Thread