Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

How I Got My Bad Attitude
When my husband's father passed away, we inherited a house he owned in a depressed area of Birmingham. After a year of trying to remodel the home to make it sellable, we decided to move into it to save money for a better home in a better area. Welfare fraud is a way of life around here.

My neighbor across the street lives with his girlfriend who recently had her second baby. She pretended not to know who the father is so that she can get all the benefits available. He does not work and sits on the porch smoking pot all day. He suggested that I claim to be the caretaker of someone else's child to claim it on my taxes.

My nextdoor neighbor has seven children from four mothers. He is proud to have so many children but he does not pay child support. The mothers claim they do not know who the fathers are. He does work for income. His 17 year-old son was recently tried as an adult and sentenced to prison for brutal torture and murder, and robbery of a storeowner.

When I go to the grocery store, most of the people are paying with foodstamps and the WIC card. Diapers and formula are free. Some have several children and are pregnant with another. I use these stores as convenience stores and do most of my shopping across town where I work and used to live.

I've listened to men with minor injuries (broken toe) celebrate because they found a doctor to claim they cannot work, so they get disability.

Last year, when I was having back problems, I could not lift things and was always in pain. I could not do the physical work I used to do. I took a job as a bookkeeper for a small publishing company. Only 2 of the 13 employees have their wages reported. I was one of the two. I had an option to evade taxes if I wanted. The other 11 employes are not married, have illigitimate children, live in government housing, get government child support, free medical care, etc. They each made more than $600 per week.

After I had surgery, my back re-herniated and needed more surgery. I was in excruciating pain for more than 80 days. This was actually a blessing. It gave me a ligitimate excuse to resign. My self-esteem went up when I quit my job. I don't get "free" money. I now maintain a rose garden for a living.

For the sake of keeping this short, I will not continue with more stories I could tell you. I have my dignity but I'm really ****ed at what I see everyday. I look forward to selling this house so that I can move away and shelter myself and pretend these things do not exist. It's not just a few -- most of the people around here are capable of working. But the government has made it too easy for them to use it as a way of life.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

Please be aware that I am friendly and respectful toward my neighbors. We look out for each other. The children on my block come knocking on my door almost everyday to visit. I care about every one of them. No one knows how I really feel.

Closed Thread

Tags
attitude, bad, employes, help, home, work