Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 02:45 PM
My wife bought me a new stihl chain saw for my 60th birthday. Nice. It has an EZ Start system. A good idea for a old guy. When I read the instructions it is the most compicated starting SOP I have ever seen. It is EZ not simple I guess. Here is the problem, the instructions refer to a button to push to reset the compressison build up mechanism. I see no button, It is a 250C and the mfg plate confirms that. Yet I have identified every switch, toggle, a roller wheel and none are this starter button. Any one have one of these? How do I start it?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Administrator

I'd say Gary might know.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Cruisedad
I put EZ start chainsaw into my search engine and it popped up several utube videos. Perhaps one of those would be more help, since we adult learners have to see things!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
My wife bought me a new stihl chain saw for my 60th birthday. Nice. It has an EZ Start system. A good idea for a old guy. When I read the instructions it is the most compicated starting SOP I have ever seen. It is EZ not simple I guess. Here is the problem, the instructions refer to a button to push to reset the compressison build up mechanism. I see no button, It is a 250C and the mfg plate confirms that. Yet I have identified every switch, toggle, a roller wheel and none are this starter button. Any one have one of these? How do I start it?
Googled it:
Chain Saw link

Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Administrator

From the link it looks like the decompression valve is under the handle - black button. In the owner's manual they show it on the right side by the handle. It says it is supposed to automatically reset.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 AM

I've never used one, but would like to have a small one. Ron has an electric one, but I haven't tried it, it's probably too heavy for me. I just love all of these, EZ or simple gadgets engineers come up with. I know they never have to use them The ones I'd really like to meet up with are the computer case designers, who are they designing these things for, certainly not the person who has to work on them
Old 10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
So here is the conclusion. The manual is written for multiple models, it does not ID the models in the manual start section other than EZ start and regular start. When I showed the guy at the store the instructions about the button and said I couldn't find the button his answer was simple. It doesn't have a button. Switch it on, prime it, and pull the starter rope twice, does not have to be a strong pull, and it spits a little, then select the partial choke setting and 2 more and it starts. So it starts just like the regular one except it doesn't need a strong pull.

So thanks for the help and perhaps some laughs.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM

I'm glad they were able to solve the mystery for you. Believe me, we never laughed at you, and I personally felt your pain. It's always those oh by the ways that reach out and touch you!

Tags
chain, chainsaw, chan, cruise, ea, ez, eze, forum, good, problems, review, start, stehl, stihl, work