Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

What are your favorite hobbies or interests that you enjoy? Of course, Cruise Chat and cruising, in general, is way up on that list.

What else keeps you occupied?

A'ndrea
Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM

I have recently gotten into scrapbooking. There are 4 of us who get together on weekends, rotating to each other's houses. I have to take a couple weekends off as we have a surprise party for someone this weekend and I have to do the photos for a wedding the next weekend. I will be in withdrawals before I can do it again.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Flying, golf, fishing. Anytime with kids and grandkids.

This weekend we are headed up to Virginia MN for some Walleye fishing. Hope to bring photos to CC.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 PM

This will either annoy you or crack you up... I have always been a mad scientist. Going to high school in the late 80's, in the inception of mainstream rap music, it was very popular to have a loud car stereo. I could not afford one but promised myself that, one day, I would put them all to shame. Fast forward to 2005...click on the link. muahahahaha robert's hobby
Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

dr, I live not too far from the 4th place winner from Averill Park.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Photography, making jewelry, making candles and, I guess, collecting feral cats since they keep showing up in my backyard with their buddies. We live on almost an acre so we do have the room for them and they are so much fun to watch.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 PM

Dr - what exactly was that? I think my internet is broken at the moment, so I couldn't check it out. If it's what I think it is, I saw the loud car stereo competition on TV one year - very cool.

As for me, I'm big into playing sports. I play 4 seasons of hockey a year, a season of flag football, I just finished summer volleyball, and I try to get involved in all kinds of pick up games. Also like to ride my bike alot. Lots of beer pong too, but not sure if that counts as a sport haha.

I'm a big fan of the water - I'm about 15 minutes from the beach, so I love going down there to go for a swim or toss the frisbee around.

I love to cook - I have no formal training or anything, but I'll watch a cooking show or hear about something new, and run to the kitchen to try it. Nothing better than grilling outside on a nice day with a cold beer.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

Cooking. Painting with watercolor and acrylic (I'm too impatient for oils). Gardening. Making period-style costumes. I also make costumes to look like inanimate objects. Homebuilding.

Fortunately most of my hobbies I've been able to earn a living from. I was a graphic designer in print advertising in Atlanta for several years. I started my own graphic design business in Birmingham during which time I was able to design costumes for a local theatre company where I was also stage manager. Then I got involved with the Opera where I was production manager, props master (I built furniture, too), and set decorator.

Next, I went to work for a residential development and construction company as builder's assistant and construction supervisor where I was also responsible for the overall design of the homes and all finishing materials. After six years of that, I went solo due to popular demand, doing decorative painting, murals, stucco and plaster finishes, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, and decorative tile work.

After too many years lifting things bigger than I, I herniated a disc in my lower back. Had surgery last March, it re-herniated and I am still in pain. No, I'm not on disability.

So, now I maintain over 500 rose bushes for one person's garden. It has more roses and varieties than our city Botanical Gardens. I stay busy with that. As you can see my hobbies are my work.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Yeah!!! Thanks Dave and the powers that be....this forum is great!

Most of my hobbies still involve my kids and DH. They all race BMX (bicycle racing) and my oldest enjoys flag football and has recently taken up golfing with his Dad. Soooo when I do get my free time....its definitely Scrapbooking. I have been a Creative Memories consultant for over a year and even just buying my scrapbook materials has become an addiction. It just makes me HAPPY!!!!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MiketheKid:
Dr - what exactly was that? I think my internet is broken at the moment, so I couldn't check it out. If it's what I think it is, I saw the loud car stereo competition on TV one year - very cool.
(2) 15" subwoofers being fed by 80,000 watts of power getting energy from a series of 23 batteries and over 100 feet of ought-gauge wire. It's difficult to get over 175 decibels from a vehicle. That is over 10 times the sound pressure that a jet engine on a 747 produces and is almost equal to the thrust under the space shuttle during liftoff. Notice that the windshield is bolted down with over 200 screws to prevent it from exploding. The doors are sealed with (5) 1 1/2" bolts to keep them from blowing off. Gotta love hobbies!!

Closed Thread