Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Of all the vehicles I've owned I miss my trusty 1996 Ford Ranger the most. That little truck spent more time in my hands than any vehicle I've owned. It never let me down, even on snow and ice covered roads. It always started and ran great. I wish I still had it.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM

I have done very little to my Tacoma. 1 starter, 2 batteries, 3 sets of tires, 3 sets of pads on the front. Never replaced the back shoes, when I put new tires on last month they said it still had 40%.
The last 100,000 or so miles have been rougher than the first. It has pulled my trencher around over rough dirty roads. The body is still real tight, not too many rattles.
My neighbor is a Toyota mechanic, so I get lots of help. It has never been in the shop, we have done everything at home. Man he is a GREAT NEIGHBOR!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:10 PM

You have to love neighbors like that. My mechanic is the head (boss man) mechanic at the garage he works at. He lets me take the vehicles to his home so he can work on them instead of paying double at the garage. This just reminds me I need to send him something for Christmas. I was debating sending him a gift, or telling him to come get the '88 Nissan PU and giving him the title so he could make some money on it for scrap or something. It is way past cost effectiveness to make it safe and drivable.

I guess I'll be revisiting the venison jerky. I just got an email that someone is sending me some.

Dwayne
Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 PM

He just charges for parts, no matter what I say or try to do. I have done trenching, sprinkler installation work for him. I still owe him much.
I have another neighbor who is great wielding. I have "traded" work with him, but I still owe him alot. Another neighbor watches the neighbor like a hawk. He even lets me know when I am missing shovels from my outside shed!!! He is good to have when we are on vacation. We usually have a house sitter, but he still keep track of stuff and mows our lawn.

Closed Thread