Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Mike, great pictures. Aren't you glad you got upgraded to a balcony room! You'll never want to settle for anything less.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 AM

Penny - I hope to be cruising for MANY more years. Looking forward to retirement when I don't have a job to get in the way of my plans haha.

Digdmr - I am 100%, without a doubt, absolutely spoiled. And I knew it was going to happen, too! I can't imagine going on another cruise without a balcony. Though, I assume I will actually have to pay for the next one, so we will see what I think then.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:08 AM

Awesome!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 09-14-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MiketheKid:
Penny - I hope to be cruising for MANY more years. Looking forward to retirement when I don't have a job to get in the way of my plans haha.
Work your butt off Mike but don't forget it's about the journey not the destination. The other thing to remember is relationships are what is important, not titles, money, or power. One of the best things I ever did was cancel any retirement plans. But that is me. I will continue to work in something I enjoy doing until I can't do it anymore. As my own boss, I can take as much vacation as I need to, and I'll call that "mini-retirements".

You are at an advantage because statistically if you begin investing and saving aggressively now, you will end up wealthy. (Just a little advice from a guy who has lived a few years.)
Old 09-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Listen to Ken--he speaks the truth!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Digdmr - I am 100%, without a doubt, absolutely spoiled. And I knew it was going to happen, too! I can't imagine going on another cruise without a balcony. Though, I assume I will actually have to pay for the next one, so we will see what I think then.
Mike, I had booked a 1a guarantee cabin and got an upgrade to unobstructed balcony. I was thrilled. Same price. The only unobstruction was the lifeboats on the level below but I could still see the sea. It was great. I had also e-mailed Bob Dickenson before I left and told him my last trip in April was great and I was going again. So I guess that's why the special upgrade plus another bonsus was a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries with Mr. Dickenson's thank you note for coming back. I couldn't believe it.
I had also on my 1st and 2nd cruises always had gone with a balcony. This time the 1a guarantee cabin paid off for me. It also was my first time booking a 1a guarantee and what luck....
Old 09-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Seems like he really took care of you, Mary Ann. Great perks!

As for having money later if life, I'm definitely a saver. I understand the importance of saving NOW, and letting it grow. 20% of my paycheck automatically goes straight to my 401(k), and a good portion of the rest goes to a high yield savings account that I only touch if necessary. As soon as I find a job I love, I will be more than happy to work extra years to pay for cruises or other nice things - anyone hiring?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Seems like he really took care of you, Mary Ann. Great perks!

As for having money later if life, I'm definitely a saver. I understand the importance of saving NOW, and letting it grow. 20% of my paycheck automatically goes straight to my 401(k), and a good portion of the rest goes to a high yield savings account that I only touch if necessary. As soon as I find a job I love, I will be more than happy to work extra years to pay for cruises or other nice things - anyone hiring?
Don't feel so bad, I might have to put my cruise vacation on hold next year as my company is laying off a lot of us girls the end of the year. That's why I did 2 cruises this year. I wanted to have a blast before next year. Hopefully I'll get something else. Hey Mike, maybe we should try working for Carnival LOL
Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM

That is the only time I can think of that cruising wouldn't be fun. However, if you are on the entertainment staff I think you would have a blast.

Mike the Cruise Director? Mary Ann???
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
That is the only time I can think of that cruising wouldn't be fun. However, if you are on the entertainment staff I think you would have a blast.

Mike the Cruise Director? Mary Ann???
Ken - I think Cortney and Mike would agree that I could work in the entertainment staff I would apply for the Manager of Music Boardwalk. Right guys LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, cruise, fausto, friends, pics, rhapsody, ship