Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 PM

Being from Wisconsin, the game was a special event for me. Even if the Packers wouldn't have won, it still was an accomplishment getting to the Superbowl. The fact that they did win put the frosting on the cake.

In response to players making too much money:
I'm thinking about quitting cruising because I can't see why any company should spend billions of dollars on ships just for the enjoyment of their passengers. I'm also not going to watch any more movies because I think the actors are paid way too much. My doctor makes a ton of money too...maybe I'll stop seeing him.

Last edited by Sonny V; 02-07-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Administrator

The debate over salaries for professional athletes is never ending. It all comes down to this: they make the big money because of several factors, but the biggest reason is the fan base supports it by buying season tickets, logo merchandise, watching the games and generating advertising revenue. If the players can score a big contract, and have a 6 figure base salary for everyone, then more power to them. It is indeed no different than actors making millions for starring in a movie. Plus the players are taking a big risk with their bodies and many pay a bigger price later in life with pain and so forth.

And....a big salute to the Packers! I knew they were going to win the Super Bowl and never doubted it.

Tags
2011, black, bowl, ca, carnival, comments, cruise, elation, freedom, review, reviews, sperbowl, super, superbowl, watch