Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Default Superbowl?
I guess it will come down to tomorrow. None of them are my favorite teams. If I had my rathers, I'd rather the Jets win in the standoff with the Steelers. Should I duck and run?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Right now Green Bay is the best of the four final teams. I am thinking Packers and Jets make it to the big show.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 PM

Not a fan of any, but gotta go with Chicago.

Mark
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas 2009
Carnival Freedom 2010
Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 PM

well Julius Peppers is a home town hero, got to go with the bears for that reason, looking for the Jets to win too. Hoping my beloved Cowboys regroup and make it next yr.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Right now Green Bay is the best of the four final teams. I am thinking Packers and Jets make it to the big show.
Well, the first part of your prediction came true. I hope the second part does too.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
At the risk of being "booed" off the site - I really don't care who is playing in the Superbowl, as I stopped watching years ago when I became disenchanted with most professional sports - now NCAA's March Madness is another story. Be that as it may - we set sail on Superbowl Sunday. Guess what'll be on the TV in the sports bar ? ? ?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:04 AM

We agree. We have stopped watching major sports about 10 years ago, all sports as the players are over pay and only thnik of themselves these days.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Neither team are my favorites, so I don't care who wins. I just abhor the hype associated with the game. I guess it draws viewers, but it turns me off. Just play the stupid game and award the trophy, rings, and $$$$$$$$$$$. It amazes me how much these people are paid. Heck, if a team would pay me $285,000 (the lowest paycheck they can receive) a year to sit on a bench, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Athletes are talented, but really, who is worth that kind of money?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Talking
Just got back from Bi-Lo, what a nightmare trying to buy wings that were on sale! I finally went and got the manager (whom I know) and told him. He went back and gave the meat dude what for and told him to give me what I wanted. It wasn't that complicated - 8lbs. of equal portions wings/drumettes.

If I don't make my wings for tomorrow, I'll have some disappointed guests. I got a case of Coors Light and a case of Bud Light. If they need more than that they should bring their own! Boss man is letting me borrow the 55" LCD from work with the stipulation I better not break it! I still have to go to Chili's tomorrow and pick up a spread of appetizers the manager (former employee) was kind enough to give me a super deal on.

Game on! and Revenge time condo neighbors!

Last edited by Dwayne; 02-05-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Great game! I was getting a little nervous at the end as I was rooting for Green Bay. Aaron did an amazing job with precision throws. I have a mess here to clean up. Not all that bad actually as I had a recycling bin set up for beer cans. One guy over indulged so I took his keys and called a cab for him. Overall a great Superbowl get together. Thank goodness the work LCD didn't get broken!

Tags
2011, black, bowl, ca, carnival, comments, cruise, elation, freedom, review, reviews, sperbowl, super, superbowl, watch