Just for fun Might Date a few of us
1. When did ''Little Suzie'' finally wake up?
(a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock
(b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock
(c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
2. ''Rock Around The Clock'' was used in what movie?
(a) Rebel Without A Cause
(b) Blackboard Jungle
(c) The Wild Ones
3. What's missing from a Rock & Roll standpoint?
4. ''I found my thrill . . .'' where?
(a) Kansas City
(b) Heartbreak Hotel
(c) Blueberry Hill
5. ''Please turn on your magic beam,
_____ _____ bring me a dream,'':
(a) Mr. Sandman
(b) Earth Angel
(c) Dream Lover
6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
7. He asked, <WBR> <WBR>
''Why's everybody always pickin' on me?'' Who was he?
(a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
(b) Charlie Brown
(c) Buster Brown
8. In Bobby Darin's ''Mack The Knife,''
the one with the knife, was named:
(a) Mac Heath
(b) Mac Cloud
(c) Mac Namara
9. Name the song with <WBR>
''A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom.''
(a) Good Golly, Miss Molly
(c) Tutti Fruitti
10. Who is generally given credit for originating
the term ''Rock And Roll''?
(a) Dick Clark
(b) Wolfman Jack
(c) Alan Freed
11. In 1957, he left the music business
to become a preacher:
(a) Little Richard
(b) Frankie Lymon
(c) Tony Orlando
12. Paul Anka's ''Puppy Love'' is written to what star?
(a) Brenda Lee
(b) Connie Francis
(c) Annette Funicello
13. The Everly Brothers were ...
(a) Pete and Dick
(b) Don and Phil
(c) Bob and Bill
14. The Big Bopper's real name was:
(a) Jiles P. Richardson
(b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr.
(c) Marion Michael Morrison
15. In 1959, Berry Gordy, Jr.,
started a small record company called...
16. Edd Brynes had a hit with
''Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb''.
What TV show was he on?
(a) 77 Sunset Strip
(b) Hawaiian Eye
(c) Surfside Six
17. In 1960 Bobby Darin married:
(a) Carol Lynley
(b) Sandra Dee
(c) Natalie Wood
18. They were a one hit wonder with ''Book Of Love'':
(a) The Penguins
(b) The Monotones
(c) The Moonglows
19. The Everly Brothers sang a song called
''Till I ______ You.''
20. Chuck Berry sang <WBR>
''Oh, ___________, why can't you be true?''
(a) Suzie Q
(b) Peggy Sue
21. ''Wooly _______'' <WBR>
22. ''I'm like a one-eyed cat . . . ."
(a) can't go into town no more
(b) sleepin' on a cold hard floor
(c) peepin' in a seafood store
23. ''Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do . . . . ..''
(a) cause there ain't no answer for a life without booze
(b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues
(c) cause my car's gassed up and I'm ready to cruise
24. ''They often call me Speedo, <WBR>
but my real name is . . . . . .''
(a) Mr. Earl
(b) Jackie Pearl
(c) Milton Berle
25. ''You're my Fanny and nobody else's ......''
26. ''I want you to play with my . . . ''
(c) ding a ling
27. ''Be Bop A Lula ....'' <WBR>
(a) she's got the rabies
(b) she's my baby
(c) she loves me, maybe
28. ''Fine Love, Fine Kissing . . . ''
(a) right here
(b) fifty cents
(c) just for you
29. ''He wore black denim trousers and . . .''
(a) a pink carnation
(b) pink leotards
(c) motorcycle boots
30. ''I got a gal named .....'' <WBR>
(a) Jenny Zamboni
(b) Gerri Mahoney
( c) Boney Maroney
Scroll Down so you aren't tempted to cheat
(as if cheating were needed here).
* * * * * * * * * * * *
1. (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
2. (b) Blackboard Jungle
3. (a) Angel <WBR>
4. (c) Blueberry Hill <WBR>
5. (a) Mr. Sandman <WBR>
6. (c) Sun <WBR>
7. (b) Charlie Brown <WBR>
8. (a) Mac Heath <WBR>
9. (c) Tutti Fruitti <WBR>
10. (c) Alan Freed <WBR>
11. (a) Little Richard <WBR>
12. (c) Ann ette Funicello <WBR>
13. (b) Don and Phil <WBR>
14. (a) Jiles P. Richardson <WBR>
15. (c) Motown <WBR>
16. (a) 77 Sunset Strip <WBR>
17. (b) Sandra Dee <WBR>
18. (b) The Monotones <WBR>
19. (b) Kissed <WBR>
20. (c) Maybelline <WBR>
21. (b) Bully <WBR>
22. (c) peepin' in a sea food store
23. (b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues
24. (a) Mr. Earl <WBR>
25. (b) butt <WBR>
26. (c) ding a ling <WBR>
27. (b) she's my baby <WBR>
28. (a) right here <WBR>
29. (c) motorcycle boots
30. (c) Boney Maroney <WBR>
I knew most of them, got 4 wrong, so yes I am dating myself:)
I thought I'd do well; got 8 wrong; not quite "old as dirt" I guess; LOL...
Thanks for the reminders, Gary - as if the gray hairs don't remind me everyday. Got all but one, but what would you expect from one who won the 50's - 60's trivia contest on the Noordam a year ago ? ? ? Be-Bop-a-Lula indeed ~
Didn't do as well as I should have for someone who was playing that music when it came out
Missed five! I'm not sure if I'm showing my age because I missed 5 or because I remember the other 25!
Kind of a lose-lose situation, isn't it Nadine; there's no way to look good coming out of this.
I missed 5. Do one with 70 - 80's music and I might do better.:)
Five worng is not bad at all for a young pup like you, Dwayne; I did worse than that and I was THERE!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.|