Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Before we go on our Alaska cruise I made reservations for this restaurant in Seattle one night for my Mom's birthday. I was just wanting people's opinions on this restaurant. What is a "must order" and how much should I look forward to my bill ending up being. Saying that we will have an appetizer, dinner, dessert,and probably 2 drinks a piece. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:20 AM

$$$$$ Ruth's Chris is located in several locations throughout the U.S. See their menu
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Ruth's Chris is a high-end restaurant. They are located in many Embassy Suite hotels in the south. It is an ala carte menu. Appetizers will run $10-15 each. Entrees are in the $30-40 range. Potato side dish is $9-10. Vegetable side dish is the same as the potato $9-10. Desserts are $8-10. A glass of wine is $10-30 depending on vintage. So you are looking at a bill of around $200 not including tip.

Try the filet mignon or ribeye.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much! I was figuring around $200. I can't wait to try it.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 PM

I love good for but for goodness sakes that is a bunch of money for supper.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
that is a bunch of money for supper.
Agreed! I know we all place different values on different things; but I would be just as happy with a good porterhouse at Outback.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 AM

Agreed here too! They recently opened one here. I doubt I'll be trying it any time soon though. I go to Greg Norman's once a year or so if I get a gift certificate. My Mom would be mad at me for spending that much money and feel uncomfortable.

I don't begrudge anyone that can afford to spend that much money on supper though. Different strokes for different folks.

Dwayne
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 AM

Ah... a topic that I can sink my teeth into!! I have a standing weekly reservation at the Ruth's Chris in Birmingham, AL. My wife and I are always at table 17 on the gazebo overlooking the koi pond. Mitchell is always our waiter and you can keep a few cases of your favorite wine at the restaurant (free of charge) in temperature controlled storage. Give the maitre d a nice tip and enjoy VIP perks on your first visit. Perks can range from a discount on your meal to free desserts for the entire table. If you are a regular, they will also give you complimentary meal vouchers to be used for a future visit. Well, I am salivating all over my keyboard so I better just end this post...
P.S. DON'T TOUCH THE PLATE!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:51 AM

ok dr rub it in to this poor country girl...lol I guess 200 bucks for dinner is a lot like jewlery. I would rather have 10 10 dollar earrings then 1 100 dollar pair of earrings. I can eat a whole lot for 200 bucks. But in the end it is all in what you enjoy.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have a standing weekly reservation at the Ruth's Chris in Birmingham, AL.
Now there is some irony. I stayed at that Embassy Suites many weekends during my wife's recuperation at Lakeshore. I've eaten in that Ruth's Chris. We might have been sitting next to each other and didn't know it.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, chilis, chris, cruise, house, royal, ruth, ruths, steak