Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Default College Football
What a great night of football! My hat is off to Eastern Carolina for giving my beloved Gamecocks a run for the money in the first half. It was a great game. We were in the dog house until switching QB's. I think Spurrier gave them a talking to during half time. Putting Garcia in as QB turned the game around.

It was nice to see someone from the Carolina's win in Panther Stadium. I will be rooting for the Pirates against anyone else.

Dwayne
Old 09-04-2011, 06:24 AM

Our beloved Pirates suffered the same problems last yr. Strong first half weak second half. But our blood bleeds purple in Eastern North Carolina. I love the spirit and the saturday afternoon football games that come with the fall. Congrats Dwayne on USC win over ECU...we will get yall next yr!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 AM

I'm not ready for winter, where did the summer go? I love football, don't get me wrong, but it just seems too early. They've already had homecoming at the high schools in our area.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 AM

The USC - Navy game was a squeaker. Certainly nothing to write home about. I got so mad at Garcia for throwing that interception. A win is a win though and we are now 3-0 for the season.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 AM

Yep Penny, It did go fast! Football season sneaked up on me too. We play Vanderbilt on Saturday. Have my fingers crossed to go 4 and 0.

I am such a GameCock fan that I emailed the Cruise Director of the Fantasy and asked if she would tell the bartenders at the Lido Bar to have the game on this next cruise. She said she would but couldn't promise me because they had recently changed satellite carriers. We play Tennessee that day.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Yep Penny, It did go fast! Football season sneaked up on me too. We play Vanderbilt on Saturday. Have my fingers crossed to go 4 and 0.

I am such a GameCock fan that I emailed the Cruise Director of the Fantasy and asked if she would tell the bartenders at the Lido Bar to have the game on this next cruise. She said she would but couldn't promise me because they had recently changed satellite carriers. We play Tennessee that day.
My son's school, Western New England University, in Springfield Mass just won their first Division Title EVER. They will host the conference Championship this Sat. My son and I are really excited. if they win this, it's off to the National Championship bracket for Div III where they are certain to lose by a huge margin. But just to make it would be really great
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Congratulations to Western New England! I wish the team luck in the championship.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 AM

CruiseDad, I'm pulling for your son's school. I doubt we'll get to see the game, so please let us know how it turned out! My poor Florida Gators have seen better days.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny3333 View Post
CruiseDad, I'm pulling for your son's school. I doubt we'll get to see the game, so please let us know how it turned out! My poor Florida Gators have seen better days.
Down by 13 with less than 5 min to go. They score 13 -7, they score again 13-13 with PAT to come with 23 sec. PAT is MISSED. going to OT.

WNE scores TD on first possession and PAT is good. 20-13, They hold the Rams to no score. WNE WINS. NEFC Champions!

We are going to the Div III Playoffs. WOW what a game
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM

How exciting! I'm sure there was some nail biting going on. Congrats!