Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Default Happy Thanksgiving !!
Wishing everyone a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving !!

Dwayne
Old 11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks, Dwayne. Here's wishing back to you and to all of the Cruise Chat family for a wonderful holiday. I do hope everyone has good weather - I'v been hearing about travel delays around the country. My very British sister-in-law is doing the meal - but we'll have to wait until Christmas for the "crackers" and Yorkshire pudding.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Thanks, Susan. I also hope hope all the Cruise Chat Family had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. We had nice weather here in SC, but turned chilly this evening with that cold front. I think my Mom was getting slightly irritated at all of us after dinner. It was a house divided, half for Dallas and half for Miami. We kept watching the game when she wanted us to come help clean up. We all finally got up and pitched in, and then returned for the nail biter finish. She doesn't like football, or people yelling in the house she says. I know nothing made her happier than for us all to be there by the big smile on her face.

Dwayne
Old 11-25-2011, 04:24 AM

It was great that you could be there, Dwayne. Even with the noise and lack of clean-up help, I am sure that she went to sleep with a huge smile on her face. This is one of the less-commercial holidays (not counting black friday), and it is a great time for us to reflect on all of the blessings that we enjoy and, unfortunately, take for granted. Thanks for the well wishes, Dwayne. I wish you and all of your family to have a very happy thanksgiving weekend and best wishes for a great holiday season.
robert
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 PM

Thank you so much Robert! The same back to you and your family. Hope the little one is doing well. We are having a wonderful weekend together. The sisters are heading back to the Raleigh area tomorrow to beat the Sunday exodus from the beach. This is a popular visitor weekend here as there are plenty of shopping places and factory outlets. A woman got shot in the foot at the Myrtle Beach Wally World during a robbery attempt Thanksgiving night. What is the world coming to with pepper spray and people getting robbed at these Thanksgiving night sales?

On the way back from the parent's house I drove by Best Buy to just have a look see. People were lined up to snag the 42" Sharp LCD for $199. I bet they didn't even have that many of them. I would have liked to have gotten one, but I wasn't wanting to wait in line and deal with the craziness. I will wait to see what Cyber Monday brings.

Dwayne
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to everyone! We have had a houseful of company and it has been great. They all left a little while ago and I am catching up on emails and cruise reviews.

Our son fried a turkey for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. There was so much other food that we could have fed an army. But, I do love the leftovers, too.

I think it's time to make some coffee and relax a little. Have a good Saturday!

Nadine