Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Peter, I'm so glad to hear Claire did well in surgery and the doctor considered it "routine." I'm wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.

Keep that family cruise in mind!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Peter,

I am so happy to hear things are looking good for you and your wife.

Less than a year after I joined this forum, my wife and son were in a horrible accident which sent my wife into several months of hospitals, surgeries, and physical rehab. At the time I was in a surreal zone of existence and when I came home each day from the eternal hospital tours of duty, I would post an update in this forum. The members were so kind to me, offering encouragement and hope in their posts. Those posts really helped me cope with the situation. I'll never forget it.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for the both of you, and your family.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM

Peter, I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I will continue to pray for her speedy recovery. I hope that you don't forget to take care of yourself, too. It's difficult being a caregiver and worrying every minute about the one you love.

Spring 2013 isn't that far away! We are already looking at cruises for then. Planning and anticipating is part of the fun!

Nadine
Old 12-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Smile
Claire has been moved (walked from ICU) to unit on the same floor and is making steady progress. Had 2nd of 3 tubes removed from her chest and belly and has cathater and stent for meds left; all monitoring has been turned off as well. She has been walking and sitting in chair and will attempt stairs today in PT so that when she is ready can come home to me and I can care for her in our home. She celebrated her birthday the day after her surgery (12/7) and the gift we are still waiting on is the results from the lab that the cancer was contained within the kidney. We pray for her continued positive progress.
Thank you all.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Peter, my apologies for not replying sooner. Please be assured of my continued prayers for Claire, and for you as well. As you know, we are in one of the best parts of the country--if not the world--for medical care, and it sounds like she's making wonderful progress. My thoughts are with you all.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Peter,

A friend of mine had back pain 3 years ago that wouldn't go away. His doctor didn't think it was anything critical. One weekend night the pain returned and my friend went to the ER. That decision saved his life. The ER physician was suspicious and did more tests than my pal's doctor had done, and discovered that my friend had a cancerous kidney. His was confined to one kidney too and he is the picture of health today. In fact I saw him last week. He is cancer-free. He also has a new personal physician.

I am praying that things continue to go well, and that you both will be able to spend the holiday season at home.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 AM

Peter, I am so glad to hear things went well with the surgery. You and Claire will remain in my prayers. It's going to be a day to day progress that takes faith, patience, and time. As Dave mentioned about his wife and son, it took some time. I remember that well and the hours he was there in the hospital worrying. I remember asking him if he got something to eat for Thanksgiving. With time and patience I believe things will improve. We are one big family and here for you.

Dwayne
Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 AM

Peter, how wonderful to hear that Claire is walking around and is improving each day! I continue to pray for her and hope she will be home soon.

Nadine
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Smile
I brought my bride home last evening after the 6th day out from her surgery. I had to leave the room yesterday when the Dr. removed 47 staples. I was not ready quite yet to view her surgery but he counted as he removed so that I would know where he was in the process. They removed the last drain at that time and then the epidermal was taken out, Claire had some light supper and I took her home. I knew she was a strong person and has a high tolerance for pain and she beat the projected stay by 1 to 3 days. Dr. said that what the lab had for results was very good but there was one area that he wanted them to redo differently to rule out for sure that any cancer had penetrated the eureter.
Now she can get some needed sleep, pease and quiet and the love of her family to help her continue her recovery. She will see the Dr on 12/27 and he will remove the cath at that time.
I hope the weather stays snowless for a week or so and I can get her outside in the fresh New England air for a short walk when she is up to it.
Thanks so much for the strong positive thoughts and much appreciated prayers.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 PM

That is great news that Claire is home! Thanks for the update.

Nadine

Tags
continued, cruse, positive, prayers, remove, thoughts