Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 AM

Smile
Prayers and positive thoughts have continued to heal Claire through her post operative surgery days.
Today we had an xray to see if the bladder was healing properly so that on the 27th, as scheduled, she can have the cath removed and be able to get around a little bit easier. They said that everything looked very good for the 27th. She has been out for a couple of short walks (thanks goodness for the unseasonal New England weather) and both appetite and spirits are picking up as well. It will be a quiet but happy time for us this Christmas and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Peter, thanks for the update and the great news about Claire. I wish her a continued successful recovery, and wish you both a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Peter, it warms my heart to hear things are continuing to go well. My continued best wishes to you and Claire!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Wonderful news. Have a joyous Christmas and New Years.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter l View Post
My beautiful wife, Claire, is scheduled to undergo major surgery and we are positive that this will remove the cancer that has been detected recently. We know that both thinking positively about this procedure and that the many prayers being offered up on her bahalf will make all the difference.

Thank you cruisers.

Peterl
I'll be praying for Claire
Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 AM

Smile
Its hard to believe that three weeks have passed since my wife's surgery and she continues to do very well in her recovery. Tuesday was a milestone day for us. She had her three week follow up with the Dr. and the cath was removed and he checked her over to see how she was doing. The best news of all was the fact that the tumor was a T1 and that it had definitely been contained within the eureter and lower portion of the kidney. The Dr had ordered a second go around for the lab work as he wanted to insure that it was contained and had it done a different way to satisfy him. She will return in three month intervals for the next two years to check for any reoccurance in the bladder as this would be the most likely place if it were to happen. After the two years, the checkups are spread out a little through the 5th year.
Thank you all for your support and prayers during this very difficult time in our life as it is so much appreciated.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-29-2011, 01:32 PM

That's great news, Peter! I'm so glad Claire is doing so well. It's a great way to start a new year. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Thank you for updating us. The report from the doctor is certainly a great New Years gift. I hope 2012 brings you both good health and much happiness!

Nadine

Tags
continued, cruse, positive, prayers, remove, thoughts