Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormom View Post
Sonny V.. i haven't seen you on the boards much. Have you hit Pinnacle yet?
I have only a few more cruises until diamond. That diamonds in December sure is a nice option, if I ever get there!
Hi! No, I'm getting closer but still have a long way to go before I'm Pinnacle. After my next scheduled cruises I'll have about 670 points, 700 are needed for the Pinnacle Status. I really won't get many more perks than I do now, the big perk is getting a free cruise and a gold card.

Last edited by Sonny V; 05-04-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:37 PM
perfect. A suite on the 15 day transatlantic next august will put you right there!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Administrator

After the June cruise and next January's Rock Legends II cruise we'll need 29 points to make Diamond Plus. My obsessive-compulsive nature will push me to do something just like that - 15 nights in a suite just so I get 30 points.

I need to play it smart and cruise in December when they give double points to diamond members and above, like Sonny is doing. Last night I looked at going on one of the Brilliance cruises with Sonny but I can't really fit it in. There is not much to choose from cabin-wise on those cruises and then there is the air to SJU.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM

If they even continue to give the double points in December.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Administrator

They have usually announced the December Diamond Celebration in August I think, and I am really hoping they continue it. For Junior Suites and higher it hasn't been a double/double, but rather triple points. And for regular cabins the double points.

I've been sitting here running scenarios this afternoon. If I did back-to-back 5 night cruises on the Liberty in December, in a JS, I'd get 30 points. Again, assuming RCI has the special points promotion. This would run around $3500 total. Then when we do the Rock Legends cruise in January, we'd get those 4 points and that would give us 176. Diamond Plus starts at 175.

To me the biggest perk of D+ is having Concierge Lounge access, so we could then stop having to book high end suites for this perk and thus save money on future bookings and eventually recoup the $3500 spent this coming December. Depending on the cruise that could be recovered on just one sailing, especially if it were the Oasis or Allure.

Now insert a variable...at any time RCI could decide 'there are too many D+ members packing the Concierge Lounge' and decide that the Concierge Lounge is only for those in GS or higher, and Pinnacle Club members. After all, Diamond members used to have access and we were given the heave-ho a couple of years ago.

I need to discuss this with Vanessa though. I still would like to go for it and get it over with. I know. I'm pathetic. But it is like a challenge to me now. No doubt RCI used psychologists when they laid out the new Crown & Anchor plan.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Dave, I don't think they'll ever take the Concierge Lounge perk from all the D+ members, but they may make a few adjustments like having to have a few more points. I'm just guessing. Too bad you can't find a way to cruise with us in December.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Administrator

It's hard to synchronize personal schedules. Lisa P and I had been online friends and peers for at least 10 years before we finally took a cruise together in 2010. In fact I knew her husband online before her!

I have another plan I'm working on for December, which won't cost me as much but still give the result I want.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Meanwhile, the famous "Super Mario" - Royal Caribbean cruiser extraordinaire Mario Salcedo - recently reached 3500 Crown & Anchor points....a Pinnacle Club member 5 times over. And he only started cruising ~10 years ago.

Tags
caribbean, d, guys, mario, members, miss, number, pinnacle, royal, salcedo, super, total