Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Lido Deck (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/)
-   -   Something New (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/39649-something-new.html)

jack2007 04-29-2013 03:06 PM

Something New

A shirt you can wear for 100 days without having to wash or iron.

US company "Wool & Prince" says normal button-down shirts wrinkle and smell after a wear or two.
It's new wool shirts, however, require just a gentle wash once every 100 wears.

This is from UK paper " The Daily Mail "
The shirt you can wear for 100 DAYS without washing (or ironing) | Mail Online

The new shirts are made of wool which lasts six times longer than cotton and is naturally anti-wrinkle and odor-fighting.
The company has spent six months developing its trade-marked Cotton-Soft wool fabric for the shirts

The company said it did not expect anyone to wear their shirt 100 days in a row.
But the spokesman added: 'If you want to go for the 100 Day Challenge, we aren't going to stop you.'

I have to say that I wouldn't wear the same shirt even for 30 days in a row but this does seem like a new product worth trying.
The shirts look pretty good in the pictures shown but they could cost $95 ( 63 )

This might be a splendid idea for those going on a long cruise....not quite as many shirts have to be put in your case

f-mattox 04-29-2013 07:58 PM

Come on: that perspiration and dirt and grime have to go somewhere. Just because the fabric fights odor and wrinkles dosen't mean it's clean. Yuck!

peter l 05-02-2013 05:10 AM

Why would I want to purchase this item for any reason ?

penny3333 05-09-2013 08:16 AM

I guess it's a marketing ploy, but I'm with f-mattox, Yuck!

RichC 05-23-2013 07:28 AM

I've been doing that for years, Nothing new.

janfred 05-23-2013 08:58 AM

Good answer from RichC ! I am all for very inexpensive disposible clothes, now they must look fabulous and at the end of the day thow them away !! Oh yeah and they can't weigh much at all. :OD

billybuzzy 05-23-2013 04:59 PM

I Don't think that anyone who wears the shirt for 100 days between washings will find themselves invited to many activities and the list of close friends is likely to be very short!!! Such a person would probably be a biological disaster in the making!!!

BillyBuzzy

RichC 05-24-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybuzzy (Post 298393)
I Don't think that anyone who wears the shirt for 100 days between washings will find themselves invited to many activities and the list of close friends is likely to be very short!!! Such a person would probably be a biological disaster in the making!!!

BillyBuzzy

That may be true at home but on a cruise ship by the time people would take notice it would be time to get off unless it would be a round the world cruise.

billybuzzy 09-21-2013 07:47 PM

Guess What.....My brother has one of these shirts....after 18 days he couldn't stand it any longer......for me...no problemo...I only see him roughly once every three months!!!! :)

BillyBuzzy