Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Smile Megabus
Eureka!!! I have found a most affordable way for A New Englander to get into the Port of New York from Boston/Providence/Hartford....Take the Megabus then the taxi!! We are heading down to NYC from Providence RI for a cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor for the incredibly low fee of $4 pp/rt...the taxi ride is short (only a few blocks) and also inexpensive (approx. $10 pp/rt +tip)...Why Bother with driving (+parking) or Rail or Air!!

It is an added reason for cruising out of NYC as the bus travel time coincides very conveniently with the other transportation choices at far less expense. Remember.....tickets need be purchased via internet several months in advance to get the lowest rates!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Ahh....but there is another bus company with almost the same low prices as Megabus
Bolt Buses.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:51 PM
jack....The problem with Bolt Bus is that they only offer a 4 to 6 week window for advance purchase whereas Megabus offers a longer advance purchase period. There seems to be more available seats at lower prices.

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Administrator

I'm a big fan of the Limo Liner. I used it often when traveling for business. It's pricier, but very comfortable. I don't think they go through Providence, though; all my trips went via the Mass Pike before turning south near Hartford.

I'd check out the safety records of any bus service, though. I recall some high-profile incidents a couple of years ago on several bus lines doing the Boston-NYC route.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Yup!! We did it!!! Hopped on down on the Megabus from Providence RI to NYC for an 8 day cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor!! We rode on a clean, comfortable Double Deck coach at a cost of $1 pp each way (book early as the price rises as you get closer to departure).

The bus was fairly new and in great condition. Clean with comfy reclining seats, wifi and great drivers...the bus was on time and convenient to the pier requiring only a short taxi ride!! We shall definitely ride the Megabus into NYC for future NYC Cruising....it beats driving, flying and rail in more ways than one! Take a little more time, relax a lot more (Yes, the bus has a very low noise level), Nap, read or chat...it is an express......and spend the money you just saved on the cruise adventure just ahead of you!! Bon Voyage my fellow thirfty travelers and cruisers!!

BillyBuzzy

Tags
bus, cruise, mega