Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Lido Deck (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/)
-   -   Team USA (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/40008-team-usa.html)

jack2007 06-14-2014 08:23 AM

Team USA

The world cup has begun in Brazil who won their opening game 3-1 against Croatia

Team USA might have thought they had a chance until they got put into a nightmare group with really good European teams Germany & Portugal but it won't be easy because the team that beat them in 2010, Ghana is also in their group.

Ok so you have the ever reliable Michael Bradley and the possibility of an exciting youngster Julian Green but its a tough group to play in. Your first match is on Monday and you are playing Ghana.

Dave 06-14-2014 02:23 PM

Well, Team USA is 100-1 in the odds and Brazil is 3-1 so there is little enthusiasm over here. But Ghana is 200-1 so hopefully we'll be successful.

Actually the World Cup is not a big deal to many Americans. I'll watch a little bit of it but I'm not a fanatic about it. While soccer is a growing sport in the U.S., it is still far behind the NFL, NBA, and Major League baseball as far as having a wide appeal.

jack2007 06-16-2014 11:16 PM

Great start by team USA...beat Ghana 2-1 and their 1st goal was in almost before a blink of an eye !
The fans that have gone to see the game really got behind the team.
With Germany beating Portugal 4-0 its looking a little better for Team USA

Dave 06-17-2014 05:27 AM

What was Portugal's Pepe thinking with his little head butt? His being out for the USA match will definitely help us.

jack2007 06-21-2014 11:03 AM

It's Ghana v Germany today. Really don't expect Germany to lose this game but it would make things interesting if they were held to a draw.

Tomorrow it will be USA v Portugal. If Portugal have got over their 4-0 defeat by Germany then Team USA will have to use all their skills to avoid defeat

Dave 06-21-2014 03:41 PM

Ghana played well today and really had Germany's number for most of the match. So now we'll see what Portugal will do tomorrow. Pepe will be serving his suspension for the stupid head butt, and Coentrao may be in doubt.

jack2007 06-23-2014 01:30 PM

The win Team USA deserved was snatched away at the last minute
Always the one most likely to cause a problem ....yes it was that man Ronaldo who was responsible for Portugal getting a last minute goal to make the game 2-2

Dave 06-23-2014 05:15 PM

It was like seeing your favorite NFL football team lose in the last second by a 53 yard field goal that puts 3 points on the board as the clock runs out.

jack2007 06-27-2014 02:20 PM

USA made it to the next round and now play Belgium on Tuesday.
I think that this is as far as they are going to go....Belgium should be too strong for them.

Dave 06-27-2014 05:36 PM

USA has already gone farther than expected, so we'll see. In a way the pressure is off them now. I've been on an underdog team more than once in my life. Back in high school I was a distance runner on the track team. We went to the regional championships with a good team but facing many other schools that were larger and competed in bigger conferences. We pretty much said the hell with it and went out to have a fun weekend. We ended up taking home the 2nd place trophy and shocked most of those competing against us. We had no pressure to fight against.