Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Anyone going to get the new iPhone4? It might be a good all-in-one choice for some vacationers, with it's 5 megapixel camera w/flash and HD movie mode at 30 frames per second. Oh, and it's still a phone too.

I still have my first generation iPhone. Nothing wrong with it and I have lots of apps on it, but the battery is starting to fade and I'm not going to send it in just for a new battery (you can't replace it yourself). I'll probably upgrade to the new model.

With the new iPhone and the iPad I think the typical person will have their digital needs fulfilled.

I just got an iPad 3G and spent Sunday using it exclusively to access the internet, post messages here and on FB, and I did it all on 3G instead of using my own wi-fi. I was pleased with the 3G speed, which was dsl quality.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Not me. I had to chuckle when Steve Jobs was displaying the "features" it didn't work.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

I have the second generation iPhone with no plans to change at the moment.

My son gave up on his iPhone and bought an Evo 4G after getting too frustrated with AT&T's dropped calls. Service in this area isn't bad, but if the iPhone ever supports Verizon, that may be motivation, along with all the newest features, to buy a new one at that time.

No plans to buy an iPad, either. It seems too redundant to the iPhone for my needs.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Administrator

The iPad appeals to me because the screen is larger, which also means a larger keyboard. I think it will be a good travel device. But indeed, it is really just a large format iPod Touch. I saw a good description the other day: an iPad is a luxury that you can't do without.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator

My new iPhone 4 arrived a few minutes ago. Fedex driver told me she has a truck full of them. I told her that Fedex was delivering 600,000 of them over the next two days.

Painless transfer from the old phone. New one was in service and synced with all my apps, songs, photos, in a couple minutes.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Administrator

New iPhone accesses websites faster than my computers - noticeably faster - and on the same wi-fi network.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:20 AM

I heard that there were problems with the screen on the iPhone4. I didn't catch all of the story on the news, just something about the early delivery ones. I'm glad to hear yours is not having any problems!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Some screens have yellow lines or spots showing up but not mine-yet anyway.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 AM
During my last cruise, I saw another passenger using his IPad in the Lido cafeteria. It looked nice. That passenger said that the IPad was just small enough to fit in the safe in his stateroom. If it has enough storage space for all my cruise photos, it would be perfect to take along during my cruises.

Tags
buying, cruise, internet, ipad, iphone, port, safe, ship, work