Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 AM

I wonder how many more teams are going to dump Terrell Owens before he realizes he's not as "good" as he thinks he is. He's a good receiver, but not great. I've seen many others that have a lot better hands than he does. I wonder how it works, though. He signed a 4 year $34million dollar extension last year. Do they have to pay him the rest of the money? Geesh, someone sign me as a bench warmer for a 5 year deal at $285,000/year and I'll be happy!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Those deals usually have outs where they don't have to pay it all out.

T.O. is another example of where a player gets himself enough media coverage to make people think he is an all-time great. I agree. He has never especially impressed me.

Too many big mouthed players out there, and not enough with the class and dignity of "true" greats like Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders.

And of course Penny and I have another all-time great living here in north Alabama - John Stallworth.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:54 AM

Aren't there contracts that say if a player (like TO) is picked up by another team, the original team still pays out the remainder of the contract even though the player is playing for someone else? Or am I thinking of baseball?

Sandy
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure. I do know that when it comes to the NFL, often the only money a player ends up with if he is released is the signing bonus and what he actually earned by playing. This is why the signing bonuses are so important since that is where a player can make the big money.

It is a confusing mess, that's for sure.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM

Now that I think of it, I think it was baseball. Maybe something I heard when the Yankees were playing the Red Sox, that Johnny Damon was still getting his salary from the Red Sox?

Sandy
Old 03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Johnny Damon was still getting his salary from the Red Sox?
That must be annoying, especially if NY is beating Boston and Damon ends up being the hero of the game.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM

I guess i will always be a cowboy fan, but i sure miss the team for yrs ago. with roger staubach, randy white, hollywood henderson.
I heard a story one time about randy white. seems he would bite the opposeing teams when they would tackle him...they never called a personal foul on him for that tho.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Last I checked, it was less expensive to book a 3-day cruise than to go to a sox/ Yankees game. Honestly, many new-englanders will travel to tampa or Montreal as it is less expensive to fly and book a room than to buy tickets and park in either NY or Boston.

We just traded Matt Cassell, and Tom Brady will probably get hurt during his first game.
No matter, we're tired of all the trophies...it's difficult for us new englanders to be stoic ALL the time.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-06-2009, 06:42 AM

It seems Randy was the influence for Mike Tyson... (or Jeffrey Dahmer for that matter) T.O. is good but I would put others before him. T.O. needs to read (and learn from) Deion Sanders biography and implement a little self awareness into his daily life.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 AM

Or Jerry Rice or Anthony Gonzales or Larry Fitzgerald or Dwight Clark or countless others that have been fantastic receivers.

Closed Thread