Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM

As many of you know I live in a small tourist based retirement area. People complain about us retirees all the time. We seem to be the blame for health issues, Social Security, you name it us baby boomers caused it.
It sounds like my TA and her business has fallen victim. She is on the verge of closing up shop. The retirees on the hill have stopped spending, so she isnít doing much booking. It sounds like between the internet and lack of business on the hill, her fate is sealed.
Our area has been hit hard in these times. Many businesses have closed their doors. If she does close her doors, this will be very hard on us.
I will truly miss her and the other agents there. We are losing a friend also.

Maybe we need cash for cruising program.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator

What a shame. I hope she is able to hang on as things do seem to be turning the corner and heading back up.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Gary, our "big" city of Decatur looks like a ghost town. Out near us isn't much better either. I doubt there's an area that hasn't been hit by this. I hope she can hang in there, too, but you can only do so much and take just so many losses. It is not fair for all of those who have worked so long and so hard to make a good name for themselves. However, big brother doesn't care, they just take care of their cronies. Greasing the elite's palms has become our new way of life.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:53 AM

Gary, I'm sorry to hear this as well. It has been a struggle for many of them to just hold on a little longer. Hopefully she can work from home for a while until it get's better. Many "brick and mortar" agencies were struggling before the economy turned south. This was just the final nail for some of them unfortunately. It's pretty sad in my opinion.

Dwayne
Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 AM

I agree with Dave but for many businesses, they have been hanging on and eating loses for way to long and there comes a time that one has to cut further loses and move on.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 PM

Thanks all. My wife and I feel bad about the whole thing, wish we could book a cruise and help her out!!
We are semi retired. We have enough set back, and no bills so we can weather ride this out. If we don't pick up a few jobs, we just stay home. Others are not so lucky.

Sounds like our Ta is going to move to Orange county and has a job lined up with an old friend.
We will miss her.

Closed Thread