Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM

I watched last night the womens downhill and was happy than Lindsey Vonn won after all she's been through the last month or so with her injury. It will be interesting tonight (event will be shown on NBC's prime time coverage) with the Super G combined, or whatever it is that they call it. Fellow members, try not to post results before they are televised for those that want to see it!

I say it will be interesting tonight because if the women have to do the same downhill course, then the slalom course, hopefully there won't be any spills on the last jump of the downhill that we saw last night. When they replayed Anja Paerson (?) and her fall, I think they cut to Lindsey Vonn and you could see her saying "Oh my god," because Paerson had a really bad fall, and the athletes all seem to worry about each others safety, going back to the sportsmanship thing I mentioned earlier in this thread. Even though they are competing against each other, they still seem to be concerned over each others safety.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:27 PM

Sorry, the result I'm talking about tonight is the super combined, not to be confused with the super G, which is tomorrow. I can't go back and fix my last post.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM

Svein, Congrats to Norway on the GOLD!

I've been watching figure skating tonight, and the snowboarding earlier. Congrats, Shaun White!

Does anyone know for sure if the men's skating relay final is on the 26th?

Dwayne
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Even though they are competing against each other, they still seem to be concerned over each others safety.
I think that's quite natural since many of them know each other very well and some are close friends even though they represent different nations. I guess you get to know your opponents quite well during all the races a season has, I guess it's like being in a sircus or on a world tour like a rock band

I can also think of at least two married couples where she was on the norwegian biathlon team (now a sports reporter) and he was on the french. THe other one, he is norwegian and she's italian.

Thanks Dwayne and Lil' Lori It looks like our guys and gals (especially gals) have woken up. But the most important thing is not to win - the most important is to beat the Swedes

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Svein:
[Thanks Dwayne and Lil' Lori It looks like our guys and gals (especially gals) have woken up. But the most important thing is not to win - the most important is to beat the Swedes
I can relate to that being a Red Sox fan. So I will start to root for 2 countries: the USA and whoever is playing the Swedes.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Does anyone know for sure if the men's skating relay final is on the 26th?
It appears it's on the 27th. If you go here, then scroll down to speed skating, and mouse over the 27th where you see a gold 2, it will say "Men's team pursuit - finals." Events scheduled for a day are shaded in gray, so it's kind of hard to see.

If the above link doesn't work, then go here, then click "results and schedules" near the top of the page.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Thank you! I like that schedule, it helps a bunch. The one I was looking for (I should have been more clear) was the 5000m relay in short track. It is on the 26th. Now I know the speed skating schedule for the 27th too. Thanks again!

Dwayne
Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Svein on Norways GS Gold. Well done. USA vs Swedes today in curling. I'm rooting haard against the Swedes, as they say in New England
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Sorry, Dwayne. I overlooked the "short track" sport before and didn't see that. I guess I just assumed short track would be part of speed skating.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
Congratulations Svein on Norways GS Gold. Well done. USA vs Swedes today in curling. I'm rooting haard against the Swedes, as they say in New England
Thank you, Cruise Dad Curling is a very important sport over here with us

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread