Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Well this may get be banned. We just rebooked the Condo in Grand Tetons area. We were there last year and loved it. I have a couple photo tours booked, plus this time we have a pretty good feel for the place and should be able to get around a little quicker.
The person who owns the Condo made us a deal we could not refuse.
So we will be be Yellowstone next July!!
We are looking into Mexico in Oct 2011. To tell you the truth with all the stuff going on in Mexico my wife is afraid to go. She says she will just stay on board.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 AM

Why do you think that would get you banned? You are more than welcome to waste your possible cruising time in a condo on land... its a free country... at least for now...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Yea I know what you mean The choice was made when #3 Son and Family wanted to return to Yellowstone. Got to see those Grandkids . We would love to take them on a cruise, but there is just not enough $ to do that now.
Last year we paid less than $99.00 a day for the 3brdrm 2 bath condo. Plus it has a laundry room. It is large enough to hold all of us, and we can even squeeze in the other kids if they can come.
It is a fairly new condo (2007)but with renters coming and going little things happen. When we arrived I noticed a hinge on a closet was loose. Got out my tool box and was able to fix it. During the 11 days my wife keep a short list going. I fixed all the things, they were all minor. I guess the Condo owner was happy and this year offered to give us a very nice break.
We just can not beat the price for a vacation anywhere. True we have to cook a few times, but that is okay. Plus we just loved the Yellowstone area. It is amazing. I would highly recommend it. If this last part is a no no someone delete it in a hurry. If anyone wants information on the Driggs Condo let me know and I will answer any questions you might have. We rented this last year, and now this year. That is our only involvement with the condo.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM

Gary, we love Yellowstone. It is so unique and beautiful. Both times we were there was in September.

For the first trip in the fall of 2002, we took my husband's baby--his 1996 Corvette. What a trip! We had to pack very sparingly in order to fit everything in the Vette. But we made it and have some gorgeous pictures to show for it.

You will enjoy the trip. Anytime spent with kids and grandkids is very special.

Nadine
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM

This is a picture we took on our 2002 trip (actually it was in October). We live in Illinois, so drove through S. Dakota during our trip. We stopped to take a picture and I was able to get Mt. Rushmore in the background. It's a little blurry, but it's still neat to us!

Nadine

Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 AM

That's a great picture Nadine! Gary, I know you'll have a wonderful time with the grandchildren. With enough people pitching it, it's not too bad cooking, especially when someone else cleans up! But, for me, give me the ocean, please
Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 AM

Nadine, that is a great background shot !
Gary, I'm sure you'll have a great time and as we all know "Grandkids are special" and we need and want to spend quality time with them no matter where it is...However, I'm inclined to feel as Penny, give me the ocean views from my balcony and the excitement of waking up in a different port several times during the cruise.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Nice car a view Nadine!

We really do not mind cooking. Me and my Son do most of the KP. Plus we eat out a bit more than normal.

Tags
banned, carnival, cruise, cruises, eady, mexico, ready, ship, ships