Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Lido Deck (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/)
-   -   Southern Storms (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/6092-southern-storms.html)

peter l 09-23-2009 11:02 AM

To all of our cruise chat friends that live in the South or have been impacted by the terrible storms and rain; please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Peterl

Dave 09-23-2009 11:10 AM

It has been incredible. Almost non-stop rain for at least the past 10 days, although we did have a brief dry period last Friday.

Dave 09-23-2009 11:34 AM

They are closing the schools in Penny's county at 1pm today because of flooding.

penny3333 09-23-2009 11:59 AM

It must be from our neighbor. The twit decided he was going to build a pond. Not a bad idea, BUT, he dug it so it is above the surround property levels. So what used to be a natural run off area can now no longer flow. So now, with all this rain, the water has spilled over the top of his pond and has left all of us with standing water. We have horses next to us, and the water that has run over the pasture (full of manure) is now standing in our back yard and along the side of the road. The run-off from our yard, used to feed down to where he's built his "pond" (mud pit), but now can't. So it's standing there, just laughing at me. That's probably why the garden is flooded too. I could only mow maybe 1/4 acre out of the 3. Even that was really wet.

Oops, sorry PeterI, thank you for your post. I know the people in Atlanta have it a lot worse than we do.

Dwayne 09-23-2009 07:28 PM

Thanks Peter. It hasn't been that bad here in SC fortunately. We had something wicked come through last night. The folks in Tennessee and especially Georgia have had significant flooding. I know that Dave and Penny in Alabama have been drenched for days now. Thanks for thinking of all of us.

Dwayne

drlivingston 09-24-2009 10:59 AM

My landscape architect is having a field day. He gets to replace all of the pine bark and small stone that was washed away.

Dave 09-24-2009 11:16 AM

It's been dry for about 20 hours now, which means I need to see which part of my yard can be mowed. Bushhogged is more like it. But I'm sure the John Deere will handle it. 25 HP V-Twin Kawasaki and a 54" mowing deck.

Dave 10-04-2009 07:21 PM

Oh good, the rains have returned. It's been a monsoon here for about an hour now, with more to come.

Frase 10-04-2009 08:41 PM

It has not rained much where I live. Maybe some last week. But other than that it has been a dry couple of months. Until last week our lawns were turning brown from a lack of rain. As almost if we were in a draught situation.

Dwayne 10-04-2009 08:50 PM

Yeppers, I saw that on TWC. Looks like a mess coming over from Texas too. We are in store for some as well. This is typical to happen on my days off. I hope y'all don't get too much, I know you've been saturated the last long while.

Dwayne