Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 AM

Happy Father's Day to everyone out there who is a father. You have a very important job that doesn't stop when the "kids" are grown. You are part of what shapes this world by your contributions to shaping the people your children will become or have become.

I'm blessed to have my father in my life, although I wish we were able to visit with each other more than we can. I hope your father, or the memory of your father, continues to inspire you and touch your heart.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on cruise-chat! Hope you are having a special day today.

Although my Dad has passed away, his hugs will remain with me always!

What kind of special things are you Dads doing today? After church we went to a little Swedish village nearby for my husband's and son's Father's Day. Great food and great company!

Nadine
Old 06-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Sandy and Nadine. I appreciate those kind words.

I'm doing exciting things like draining our pool for a good scrubbing, and spraying weed killer.

But I will have spare ribs, potato salad, and strawberry shortcake (homemade shortcake) later.

Oh, and I'm having a banana daiquiri as I type this. Gotta get my potassium you know.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Got a call from my daughter who is in Seattle. Then received a call from my son, about four miles away. Spent the afternoon with Dad and Mom at their home. And to top it off a great dinner with my wife. Looking forward to my glass of wine later tonight.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ALL,

Mark
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas 2009
Carnival Freedom 2010
Old 06-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Last year I was on the NCL Spirit on Father's day. I tried to get my Dad to come with us but he said he was too old. I emailed him every day about the sea conditions and the weather and each day looked forward to his sarcastic, spirited response.
If I had know it would be his last Father's day, I would have tried much harder to get him to come along.
Missing Dad, but there's not much question that the salt-water that runs through my veins came from him.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 06-20-2010, 06:39 PM

Marsha, that first Father's Day without my Dad was hard and I understand what you are going through.

Dave and Mark, it sounds like you had nice plans for the day (except for that physical labor Dave!). I got my potassium today with a big bowl of Heath Bar Ice Cream with a banana on top. Yum!

Nadine

Closed Thread