Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM

When I take photos I am bad about taking notes. Fo example On the Photo Safari we did in Juneau I was not real sure where we went. On this trip i took a GPS photo logger. It is about the size of a pager. You turn it on and it keeps track of where a you are and the time and speed. Here is an image of the track I downloaded, It is shown on a Google map. The push pins are where I pushed a button on the logger for a way point. The next map image is of Glacier Bay I can not match my photos and know for sure what glacier or island or mount I was taking a photo of.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:15 PM

This incredible technology blows my mind!

I love how it tracked your cruise and excursions. Simply amazing!

I see you're using Vista (I think). I'm still trying to get used to it. If you don't mind, how do I save a screen shot as a photo? Thanks.

Dwayne

ps. Thanks for posting them 800 x 500, my screen didn't scroll over much.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanks Dwayne, yea I am using Vista. I have the 64 bit on my Desk Top and the 32 bit on my laptop. I really really hate the 64 bit. None of my old programs worked with it, well most didn't. From what I have read I might upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out.... or the Google OS.
To save a screen shop as as JPEG I ctrl + prtscrn the I paste it into paint and save it as a jpeg.
I was just checking the gps log I have of Glacier Bay. In the Daily Program for that day it list when we will be at each glacier. We were within a few minutes of what the posted time!!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks Gary. I have 2 desktops, one with XP and one with Vista. I like XP better, and of course I use it more because it is my work computer. The one with Vista is always having a problem of some sort. My new laptop has Vista Home Premium, so far so good but I haven't installed any programs yet. The very next week after I bought it Best Buy started advertising laptops with free Windows 7 upgrade. Go figure. Are the photo loggers expensive?

Dwayne
Old 07-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Photo loggers for the most part are under $100.00. I think they will come down in price, plus cameras will soon be have them built in.
The 32 bit Vista is not bad IMHO. The 64 bit is a nightmare. My printer/scanner would not even work with it. Google is going to come out with an OS next year, it will probably be free knowing them. That might be a good fix. I just hate changing things in my computer. I just want to turn it on and have it work.. simple.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Thanks. I think those are neat after seeing your maps. I know what you mean about things not working. My Canon scanner will not work on the Dell Vista desktop. I'm not sure if it is 64 or 32 bit. Now a days I don't know enough about them to do much fixing, unless it is self explanatory. Before they got so complicated I could do some fixing. My first computer had DOS on it.

One disappointment with my new laptop is I just found out it doesn't have a HDMI port. I didn't know what one was, or if I'd ever need it. My parent's new TV has the port, and now I find out I could have hooked the laptop up to it. It would have been nice to share some computer things with them on a big screen. Oh well, you get what you pay for so I can't complain too much.

Dwayne
Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 PM

If you right click on the my computer icon, then go to properties, it will tell you what type of system you have, 32 or 64 bit.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM

Thanks. I just booted the cantankerous (blank) up to check. It is 32 bit. BTW, that didn't work on XP when I just tried it on my tired 5 year old E-Machine I mostly use. I also found out that the Dell Vista was still on Service Pack 1. I thought I recently did all the update downloads, installations, and it had Service Pack 2.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, did, photo, where