Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:35 PM

It's probably not huge news except in our area, but Steve McNair was found shot to death along with his "friend" in an apartment complex. Now the media is reporting is "secret" life. You'd think with all the problems going on with the economy they'd have more important things to speculate about.

My heart goes out to his surviving family and friends. His "friends" family and friends, too. I do hope they find the murder, as well as the one in South Carolina.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

The media always wants to judge a person on one or two things instead of the whole breadth of the person's life. Steve McNair did a lot of nice charity work. Yes, he had some personal problems just like anyone else. I wonder what the reaction would be if people posted "secrets" about media darlings like Rather or Cronkite on the day they passed away?

McNair always amazed me with his abilities and especially his toughness. He'd take hits that would have benched other quarterbacks but he kept on playing.

It's a sad display of our decaying society to see people who can't let the dead rest in peace and not further burden their grieving families and friends with gossip and prattle.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Well of course it is big on the news here in Nashville. The police are calling his murder a homicide, but won't be so presumptuous to call it a murder-suicide. The Titan's coach Jeff Fischer spoke at 3PM today. He was very humble and only had good words to say about Steve McNair. He said Steve would want him to tell everyone that he loved them.

Closed Thread