Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
There's a restaurant in Texas that claims to be haunted, too. The owners have seen people run out because they were too afraid to eat.
Penny, I'm sorry, but that is funny in a way. Maybe they didn't like the menu.

Quote:
I'm not a believer. I would have to experience something myself before I could. I don't by anything done with a camera or on TV as those things are way too easily rigged.
Jim, I am skeptical of most of the shows too. I've heard, seen, and felt enough weird things though to make me believe something can go on outside of the normal.

Dwayne
Old 05-02-2009, 04:42 AM

I do watch Taps once in a while but avoid the English one as I think it is a lot of hype; way to much activity being heard and seen where Taps has some that feel more realistic.

Many years ago, my wife had a visit from a dear old friend that passed. She had wanted him to stop smoking his pipe for several years and would take it and hide it on him and they had a very close relationship. When he passed, she asked his wife for his pipe, (we have it to this day) and it was a short time after that a vision appeared at the end of our bed but said absolutely nothing. My wife was somewhat scared and believes it was this old gentleman looking for his favorite pipe and letting her know that all was OK.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 AM

I'll have to get the name of the show the next time it's on. It was on either the Travel Channel or the Discovery Channel. I can't remember whether it was 3 or 4 people who died where the restaurant is now. One was killed on her wedding night. I think she's the ghost that doesn't like drinking and has smashed all the wine glasses more than once. It was called something like America's most Haunted.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM

ok I am game, I want to go to that restaurant. count me in. lol
I can be frightened but I generally am not an afraid person. Would love to go to that restaurant.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 AM

I found this clip on youtube. It's not the show I watched, but it is the right restaurant. It's the Catfish Plantation in Waxahatchee, Texas. From what I understand, those entities that still inhabit the physical world have not chosen to cross/go on to their next existance. I don't know, we are energy, energy never ceases just takes on different forms, so I believe it's possible.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Intresting video. I will check it out on my next trip to east Tx.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the link Penny. I don't want any orbs coming between me and my catfish though.

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
hey i believe in them.every july-the end of august we have things happen in our house, come to find out we are 11/2 miles from a cival war battle field and it took place in july.we have banging on bedroom doors,heat switched on in the middle of july.it was 97degress in the house when we got home that day.light turn on and off,and one night we had the smell of burning flesh. i am a christain man and it freaks me out. my wife to,but it goes away in august

Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 AM

That's cool timc, y'all need to record that and put it out on youtube. Maybe those ghost hunter guys will come by. I saw their episode Saturday night on some prison that was recently closed. Nearly 1000 inmates had died there. It gets stupid though when they start yelling for the ghosts to show themselves. Do they think that yelling is going to help?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:55 AM
hey penny. we had a issue just last nite.we were in bed and all of the sundden our master bathroom toilet flushed by itself around 11pm my wife grabbed me and would'nt let go.. i was a little freaked but i was laughing too..i guess he had to go, i hope he put the seat down lol

Closed Thread

Tags
brushing, cruise, dawn, ghost, ghosts, hunter, hunters, ncl, reviews, ship