Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 AM

One of my favorite t v programs is Ghost Hunters. We never miss it. I believe that there is something to it.
My experience is about 15 yrs ago we were watching the baseball play offs. My husband put a portable t v beside the big t v in the family room so he could watch both games. all of a sudden the portable t v started getting snowy like it was losing it signal, we were all watching the t v do this when the t v plug was pulled out of the wall and layed about 6 inces from the outlet, and the t v was still one.
we have be awoken with someone playing with the smoke alarms right after we put them in.
there was a lady that had passed away in the house, but she was an elderly lady that passed away gently in her sleep.
lots of unexplained noise.
anyone else experience ghost?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Now that is down right spooky!!!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I love that show. I don't watch it regularly, but enjoy it when I do.

I agree... that is spooky.

My sister had a friendly spirit in her house. Only my sister could see her. The spirit was an older woman with long white hair and wore a flowing white dress. My sister saw her on several occasions and it actually brought her some comfort. She thinks the woman had lived in the house before, and was happy to see a nice family living there.

Fast forward a few years when my sister and her husband decided to sell the house. As soon as they put it on the market, almost anything that could have gone wrong went wrong. New water heater needed. Part of an overhang collapsed, requiring replacement. My sister felt the spirit was angry at her for leaving.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:12 PM

Too spooky for me.

I watched a few episodes of "A Haunting" on the Discovery channel. I had to stop watching because I started having nightmares. Shortly after two of my long time pets died I could swear they would come for a visit. The typical things they would do like scratching at the door noises and dishes in the sink rattling. One night I was in the kitchen and something started brushing against my leg. I knew that was Lucy the calico because she always did that when she wanted a pounce treat. Another weird thing, Sampson, the only cat left started acting like he was playing with and chasing imaginary things.

Dwayne
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 AM

If I watched those shows I know I would have nightmares.

I remember when my dogs died my daughter & I thought we heard them. I could hear the tags on the collar & there were times when we heard them up & down the stairs. It only happened a few times but it was strange.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 AM

I love that show, too. I hear my mom and dad all the time. I haven't seen any, but have felt the presence of energy many times. Energy, which is what we are, doesn't die just takes on another form.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Ghost Hunters?

Is it that TV show with the British group. They would be usually going around England and walking through the haunted castles and old mansions there. There is a blonde lady in the group and she would always be shouting out:
Are there any spirits or astral beings here? Can you make a sound or do something for us? Can you make a noise? Can you make a knocking sound? . Then she would gasp really loud if she thought she heard or felt something. Sometimes it would get annoying hearing her say those things over and over.

I am skeptical of these things. However, I did watch the episode that was filmed live on Halloween night at the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. During one part of the live broadcast, I did see a ghostly mist swirling around inside an indoor hallway, closed-off from the outside.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM

the group investigating the castles is Ghost Hunters International. they are ok but I really like Ghost Hunters...better known as TAPS. TAPS trys to disprove places are haunted instead of proving it is haunted. And they seem to be honest, they will say something is not haunted as fast as they will say something is haunted.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM

There's a restaurant in Texas that claims to be haunted, too. The owners have seen people run out because they were too afraid to eat.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:29 PM

hmmm.. run out of a restaurant because they were too afraid to eat eh? I wonder if the owner ever realized that they never paid their bill?? Good scam...

I'm not a believer. I would have to experience something myself before I could. I don't by anything done with a camera or on TV as those things are way too easily rigged.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
brushing, cruise, dawn, ghost, ghosts, hunter, hunters, ncl, reviews, ship