Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I spend most of my time on a large horse forum
Is that a large forum about horses or a forum about large horses?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
So what do you do in your spare time?
What spare time? That is why I need a cruise! I do all that forum stuff while on the phone at work with customers and stupid me volunteered to help with another classifieds site (I would say what was I thinking, but I don't think I was thinking at all) Mod work is to much busy work and we don't get paid and now, during the summer time.. to many kids! The mods have it pretty lucky here when it comes to that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
I spend most of my time on a large horse forum
Is that a large forum about horses or a forum about large horses?

Large user base, horses of all shapes and sizes And being summer time when tend to get a lot of "imaginary horses" that kids brag about until we catch them in their lies.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Quote:
The mods have it pretty lucky here when it comes to that.

Any comments, guys?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
quote:
The mods have it pretty lucky here when it comes to that.

Any comments, guys?

Sure, I know what Moostang is talking about. When we re-did the TOS we included an age minimum for membership. It doesn't mean they don't occasionally sneak in, it is rare though.

BTW, Moostang thanks for reading them. I wish everyone would. This is my first and only Mod position, and I do have it lucky for other reasons as well. We have the best team and leaders one could ever wish to have.

Dwayne
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 AM

By law (COPPA) minimum age is 13 without expressed parent permission for posting on forums, of course we too get kids lying about their age. I was assuming being a cruise forum you don't get kids coming on to say they are cruising on their new private ship call the Kid-tanic that no adults are allowed on and you eat nothing but ice cream and pizza But with summertime you never know.
Without getting into it, I bet you guys deal with a lot of childish adults
My hats are always off to the mods, it gives you a different view on forums after you put on the mod hat.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 AM
Administrator

My understanding is COPPA cannot be enforced. It is tied up in the courts with legal challenges and some federal court put a hold on it.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Back to the topic ...

I surf on the Internet mainly to find infos dealing with work questions (legal stuff, obviously in Italian) or related to music - which is my first love - or travelling (b&b, low cost air lines, etc.) or used sport cars for sale (most from German sites, for they show a lot of great cars with little prices).
Till now, I haven't bought any car yet. But who knows ...

However, the only forum I visit is CC.
In the last year I find it harder to stay at the keyboard as long as before, even because I used to do it by night and several problems don't allow me to this the same way (right now it's later than 9.00 p.m.).

Actually there was another forum I was interested in, it was called "Accademia della Crusca".
AdC is a medieval - but still alive - based in Florence association for the safe of the Italian language; I'm addicted to language questions, starting from latin to ancient greek, from italian to english, french, spanish, german and everything else ... so I liked to enter its site and its forum.

One day was started a rough debate, involving politics.
You know: here in Italy everyone seems to talk in Italian, but you can't walk a mile without switching to a different dialect.
Every little town has its dialect, slightly different from the one of the next town - but different.
If you jump from Bolzano (they're so close to Austria they talk in German) to Lampedusa (it's a Sicilian island south of Tunis) you can easily see that the one has got nothing to do with the other.

Well, a guy from Venice or something posted that the Northern Italian dialects deserved much more respect for they were used long before Rome's expansion in those lands, the Ancient Celtic zones of Italy (Gallia).
Some other from Rome answered that "no, the source of all is Latin".

"No it isn't", "yes it is", "shut up you lazy Southern", "who do you think you are you arrogant Northern", "we want Secession", "hands off the Unity of Italy" ... the Moderator didn't moderate.

Some days later the forum was closed (officially, because of lack of money and personnel to run it).

Mike-the-kid, I too can't get enough of funny/stupid/weird/crazy videos.
Have you ever watched the BBC TV series "LITTLE BRITAIN" ?
Here in Italy some of the last ones have been broadcasted in English with subtitles, and since then I'm looking for the missing episodes on the Internet. They're great, I strong recommend them !!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Little Britain is a great show

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Lord have mercy, My favorite on Little Britain is none other than....Bubbles !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 AM

" Yeah I know ! " (half closed mouth)

Closed Thread