Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 AM

I tried to find the link, but have not been successful. A guy was walking in the road by a train crossing when the train and the tractor/trailer collided. The truck naturally was knocked over and it went over the man walking. Fortunately, it didn't hurt him, just a few bumps and bruises. I'll bet from now on, he'll think twice about walking in the road.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Penny - - check Fredo's posting.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:45 PM

the idiot of the day...
we were returning to our hotel room in jacksonville fl after the daytona 500 last month. the s u v in front of us started smoking, i told my husband to back off that car was in trouble and i didnt want to rear end it. all of a sudden the back luggage area of the s u v burst into flames. we immediately pulled over to help...seems the fellas were tail gateing and the bbq grill still had red hot coals and for what ever reason they thought they could transport it that way back to their hotel room...the s u v was a total loss.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

A personally witnessed one! I love it! I wonder what the SUV owner's insurance company told him?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM

you should have seen them trying to explain it to the police and fire department for their reports... I really can not share with you gentle people what my hubby had to say about the fellas...
Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 AM
macmom
Is it possible that they had been drinking????
It's amazing the ideas that make sense when you've had a few!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-06-2009, 06:30 AM

Fredo's link is the one! Amazing he didn't get hurt.

I've heard of tailgate parties, but usually it's when you're parked, not going down the freeway.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 AM

Kinda reminds me of an incident that recently happened to my wife. She was driving to work, pregnant and wearing a nice dress. It was raining heavily and she ran over a piece of metal in the road and had a flat. She's a trooper so she got out without an umbrella and started the process of changing the tire. A construction worker who was working nearby witnessed her plight and ran across the road. Instead of being a knight in shining hardhat... he approached my wife... and only offered to let her use his cell phone.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
Kinda reminds me of an incident that recently happened to my wife. She was driving to work, pregnant and wearing a nice dress. It was raining heavily and she ran over a piece of metal in the road and had a flat. She's a trooper so she got out without an umbrella and started the process of changing the tire. A construction worker who was working nearby witnessed her plight and ran across the road. Instead of being a knight in shining hardhat... he approached my wife... and only offered to let her use his cell phone.
How long did it take to pry her hands from his throat?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-06-2009, 10:53 AM

I have another nomination. One of our police officers was having an affair with a fellow police officer. He had been taking money from the evidence pool. He decided that after taking about $70K, they might miss it. He staged his own abduction and went to Vegas to win it back. Ok, that's dumb enough. But, while in Vegas he calls his girlfriend. Strike two. Strike three, his wife, who thinks he's been killed receives one of those phone calls-honey, I really love you and I didn't mean it. He's in jail now.

Tags
aged, arrest, cassie, deck, dry, lido, overheated, piggly, steaks, texas, wiggly, winiavski