Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Hello everyone, we have a cruise on Majesty coming up soon, and I had a quick question: does anyone know if Suite 608 (Its an AB class suite) has a "Picture" window or a floor-to-ceiling window? The only reason I ask is because its at an odd angle at the front of the ship, and I was wondering about the view. I know its a silly question, but I just can't seem to find any answers anywhere, and this place has been really helpful in the past. Thanks for any responses!

*Edit: Here is the URL of the ship, its on the majesty deck, in the top right.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deck...ipCode=MAJESTY

Once again, thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Yes, the photos and plans Ron shows are for the AB "suites" on Deck 9. The two on Deck 6 are configured much differently.

Click here for a photo of one of the Deck 6 suites I took a few years ago. This is, obviously, the sleeping area. As you can see, the window is neither a traditional picture window nor floor-to-ceiling. Rather, it is slanted. I honestly don't recall if this is 607 or 608, but one is mirror image of the other. A seating area with a sofa and a couple of chairs would be located beyond the right border of the photo.

You will still have an ocean view, but as you are far forward, you may be overlooking what was once an outdoor crew area on Deck 5.

Note that you will still have concierge service and all the amenities that come with a suite. And, this cabin is in a very quiet area, as there is no need for anyone to be there unless s/he is one of the few pax with a cabin in that location.

Happy cruising,
LisaP
Old 06-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Alright, thanks a lot for all the info, and that picture makes me more excited, even if the window is a bit odd. Is that the only one in the room?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Administrator

CruiseFan, there's a second window in the seating area, also on a slant like the one above the bed. It's also about the same size.

LisaP
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Alright, thanks so much for the info, I'm looking forward to it!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Administrator

You're very welcome. N. Majesty is my favorite ship in the NCL fleet, as well as among my top ships currently sailing. I never tire of talking about her.

Happy cruising,
LisaP
Old 07-20-2008, 08:51 AM

I don't know if you already went on your trip but I was in room 608 on the Majesty a month ago. The window over the bed was awesome at night. On a clear night you could pull the blind up and star gaze in bed. The downsize was the room was a LOT smaller than the suites on the ninth floor.
NCL - Dreamward 97
NCL - Crown 98
CCL - Victory 01
CCL - Fantasy 02
NCL - Majesty 07 and 08
CCL - Sensation 08
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 AM

This is awesome that this thread exists, do any of you know if the bathroom size is hugely different or is it the other space of the suite that make them different in size between deck 9 and 6?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM

Hi cjsoques, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The deck doesn't change the cabin or bathroom size, it's the catagory that changes the size. For example, if you book a suite, catagory AB the square footage is the same on deck 6 or deck 9. If you book a balcony, catagory XX, the square footage is the same on deck 6 or deck 9. Normally, a suite's bathroom is a little larger and has a tub instead of a just a shower. Hope this helps a little. Hope you have a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
suite, window