Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Before making a negative post I wanted to give NCL an opportunity to resolve my complaint. I sent an e-mail to the VP of Operations early Wednesday evening expressing my dissatisfaction with NCL booking practices. After almost 4 full days no one from NCL has even acknowledged my e-mail. I feel 4 days is ample time for someone to have contacted me.

NCL is currently running a promo on their website entitled "Pity the Procrastinator". In this promo they make the statement "the sooner you book the better the value".

Well in June I booked a 9 day cruise on the Pearl for Oct. 19. Pretty early wouldn't you think? I booked a category N cabin. The website shows only 2 Cat. N cabins on the ship. I was placed in a cat. J cabin.

Last week I asked my Travel Agent to check current prices and see if a better upgrade might be possible. She checked and found that the Cat. II (double I) cabins were booking for $70 per person less than I paid for the Cat. N. Therefore she contacted NCL to request an upgrade or an on-board credit. NCL refused both.

I've cruised 9 times prior to this cruise, all on cruise lines other than NCL. 3 of those 9 times I've received upgrades or on-board credits because the cost of the cruise was reduced. On my last cruise on Carnival Glory, frineds and family had a total of 3 cabins booked. The price went down and we received a $250 on-board credit for each cabin!

NCL where is my "better value" for booking early? Maybe your promo should say "Pity the Early Bird"!

I've given you the facts. You decide if you want to cruise with NCL. I can assure you that his will be my first and last NCL cruise. I'd suggest that you think twice before booking.

Unhappy In Tennessee
Old 09-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Before making a negative post I wanted to give NCL an opportunity to resolve my complaint. I sent an e-mail to the VP of Operations early Wednesday evening expressing my dissatisfaction with NCL booking practices. After almost 4 full days no one from NCL has even acknowledged my e-mail. I feel 4 days is ample time for someone to have contacted me.

NCL is currently running a promo on their website entitled "Pity the Procrastinator". In this promo they make the statement "the sooner you book the better the value".

Well in June I booked a 9 day cruise on the Pearl for Oct. 19. Pretty early wouldn't you think? I booked a category N cabin. The website shows only 2 Cat. N cabins on the ship. I was placed in a cat. J cabin.

Last week I asked my Travel Agent to check current prices and see if a better upgrade might be possible. She checked and found that the Cat. II (double I) cabins were booking for $70 per person less than I paid for the Cat. N. Therefore she contacted NCL to request an upgrade or an on-board credit. NCL refused both.

I've cruised 9 times prior to this cruise, all on cruise lines other than NCL. 3 of those 9 times I've received upgrades or on-board credits because the cost of the cruise was reduced. On my last cruise on Carnival Glory, frineds and family had a total of 3 cabins booked. The price went down and we received a $250 on-board credit for each cabin!

NCL where is my "better value" for booking early? Maybe your promo should say "Pity the Early Bird"!

I've given you the facts. You decide if you want to cruise with NCL. I can assure you that his will be my first and last NCL cruise. I'd suggest that you think twice before booking.

Unhappy In Tennessee
Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 PM

If you too are unhappy with NCL help me keep this post current by posting comments.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Comments are fine -- let's continue them, however, in the original thread on this topic, located HERE.

To avoid any confusion, I will close this thread.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, category, claims, complaint, credit, credits, cruise, department, n, ncl, norwegian, onboard, ship, upgrade, upgrades