Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Mary:
My partner is trying to determine that as we have meet NCL passengers not in a suite be invited into Cagney's for the special breakfast and lunch menus.
Well, if this is a perk afforded to Platinum Latitudes members, there's your answer.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Richard and Mary:

We'll be cruising on the Pearl in one week (cannot wait!) You said to bring on the questions, so:

1) Will I have to bring my laptop to the Internet Cafe for internet connection or do they have in-room wireless (we have reserved a mini-suite).

2) Did you use the spa facilites? We are considering his/her Swedish massage. The pics of the spa look wonderful.

3) Did you dine at either Cagney's or Le Bistro and did you enjoy them?

4) Does the Pearl compare to other newer-style ships you've sailed (we cruised on Carnival's Legend last year -- our first and only cruise -- that's all we have to compare it to).

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

Rafab1:

Here's some answers to your questions.....

1)The internet cafe is small with about 5 computers. You will be able to use the laptop around the ship and if in a suite, which the Pearl has 45 of them, each suite has a wireless Cisco system for it's guests. You will have to sign up to get the internet service. Costs: $100 for 250 minutes, then plans get more expensive thereafter, at lower amount of minutes. They will provide a password to get into the ship system. We kept in touch back home via internet cafes on shore in several ports at $3.00 for 15 minutes, some $2.50 for 15 minutes...very close to the ship docks...so the ship internet service is EXPENSIVE. They use a T1 line, and it is split all over the ship, so the signal slows down due to the splitting. I spoke to the IT tech when he was in our suite checking our Cisco system. He provided he information.

2) We did not use the Spa, but saw the Spa and is is first class. Madera Spas Co. runs the spa service for NCL. They do offer a SPA auction where you bid for a spa treatment. If your bid is close you may win.

3) Dined at Cagneys everyday for Breakfast ( 5 oz Filet with eggs cooked to order was fantastic)....and dined at Cagney's once for dinner, The steaks melt in your mouth. There is a $20.00 per person cover charge. Cagneys for breakfast and lunch is by special VIP Invitation only. The general ships passengers cannot get in. All meals at Cagneys for us was comped by the executive staff.

We ate at Le Bistro twice. It is the best at $20.00 per person cover. We were comped here also. The atmosphere and food is gourmet. The service absolutely the best and I gave our waiter Vikrom, a $10.00 additional tip. Great menu, and expect 1 1/2 hours to enjoy the dinner. It's certainly the best on the ship. Le Bistro is elegent.

The NCL Pearl is the newest ship from the GEM class, and sister ship is Jewel and soon to be completed Gem. Then no new ships until 2010 which will be the new F3 class with 4200 + passengers and crew of 2500+.

The Pearl is outstanding and here's a link to my PhotoShow of the Pearl 9 day cruise.

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/wM8gj7Kh

You may have to cut and paste into the address bar to get this. It's high quality shots with a Nikon Digital....total viewing time is about 30 minutes, but you will get a great idea of the ship and ports.

The Pearl is first class, and NCL has brought in their best of the best for this ship. Many of the Pearl staff will move to the Gem in the fall. I have sailed RCL, Princess, CCL and NCL. We favor NCL allot and will be back on the Pearl on May 20th, 2007 for the 7 day Alaska cruise. Then the transatlantic for the Gem Barcelona to Boston on Dec 3rd, 2007. After 9 days on the Pearl in a Penthouse Suite #9500, we did not want to leave. We are NCL Platinum Lattitudes and enjoy all the special treatment and perks.

I can't see how anyone would NOT enjoy this ship. It's the newest on the seas, and "simply irrestiable".

Enjoy the PhotoShow.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Richard & Mary:

First, I want to say that I've driven through Las Cruces (and many other lovely NM cities and towns) in June of '05; my husband and I were married in Scottsdale, AZ but spent 10 wonderful days criss-crossing the desert Southwest, hiking and taking in the countryside. Though we'd been to southern Utah, NV and AZ several times, it was our first foray into New Mexico. Crossing over the mountains into and through NM was truly magical.

On to the Pearl:
Your photos are outstanding. We enjoyed all of them.

Thanks so much for the information you provided. So glad to learn that we will have internet service en-suite; we'll just have to patient with the T-1, it seems. We like a little downtime during vacation.

We'll be celebrating my husband's 55th birthday on Tuesday, so I'm planning on either Le Bistro or Cagney's for that evening.

Did you order wine at either restaurant? We will be bringing a few special bottles on board (and declaring it & paying the $15 corkage fee/bottle, of course).

Thanks again for your help.

Rich & ROberta
Old 02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

Rich & Roberta:

Glad you enjoyed the photoshow.

I celebrated my 55 B-day on the Pearl. Mary had told NCL that it was my birthday. I had 4 B-day cakes on 4 different nights in the resturants. I was really surprised. It was the best B-day I ever celebrated.

I know what you mean about "down" time. Most often, I find myself having to go back to work to relax after a cruise. Cruises can be early mornings and late nights, with little sleep in between. Thats why I love the open days at sea. Its my time.

Glad you liked New Mexico, it's beautiful and properly named "The Land Of Enchantment". It is truely a under recoginized state for many travelers. They don't what their missing.

If your in a suite, you will have VIP service. Be sure to use the concierge service and be sure to use the special privledges of dining in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. It fantastic.

Enjoy the cruise.

Richard & Mary
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Hi richard & Mary
Thanks for all the info and pictures!
We are going to be on the 5/20 cruise to Alaska as well. Actually a group of 17 of us. My grandmother - who will be 98, yes 98, this Saturday, is taking her grandchildren and their spouses on the trip. A once in a lifetime trip that we are all looking forward to!
I am just HOPING it is a great experience for her. The one and only cruise she was on was for my brothers wedding 2 years ago and it was just 5 weeks after my mother (her daughter) passed away from CJD. It was on Carnival and it was absolutely a horrible cruise - the staff, the ship, everything...
So... we are hoping this will be better!
Hopefully we will see you on board! We'll be the big rowdy group with the 4 foot "old" lady!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Banned

karenmariani:

Glad you enjoyed the PhotoShow of the NCL Pearl cruise. Everyone who sees the photoshow really liked it. I will do another after the Alaska cruise.

On the Pearl Cruise Feb 2nd, 2007 we had a 100 year old on the ship....He was a neat old fellow and he had a great time. He was like the guest of honor for every event. I am sure you will have fun and I hope your 98 yr old will too. The Pearl is beautiful and we look forward to meeting new people and being on the Pearl once again. Hope to say hello to you.

Richard & Mary
Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Hi Richard and Mary, My family and I will be on the Pearl in June to Alaska. Please update us as to how you enjoyed the excursions and what was your favorite things to see and do with lots of pictures. Enjoyed your other pics. My son is celebrating his 21 birthday while on the cruise. We will be in Juneau on that day. Any suggestions for that excursion and of course bars. Thanks for all your input. Corina from Houston, Texas
Old 03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

Corina:

May want to save the party for Skagawy...it's a full day there and the Red Onion Saloon just a few blocks from the ship is supposed to be one of the hot spots for some good old fashion mining type bars and fun. I will do another photoshow on the Alaska trip, and have hired a float plane and expect some great photography.
I will keep you posted.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Mary, Thanks a bunch. We'll be on the Pearl 2 weeks later. Hope to hear about your adventures when you get back with some pictures. Have a wonderful time!!! Corina

Closed Thread

Tags
borel, cafe, captain, caribbean, corina, day, garden, kapetan, mogi, mogic, ncl, nenad, reviews, southern, trays