Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2005, 07:43 AM

My husband & I have been on 4 cruises, but never on NCL, and never with a baby. We are planning a trip in Nov. on the SUN, with our son who will be 16 months old. I have a million questions!
Are high chairs readily available?
Would you reccomend using the crib provided on the ship, or should I bring my own pack n' play?(we live pretty close to the port, so we will be driving, so lugging it on an airplane won't be an issue)
I have read that kids aren't allowed in the pool, do they have a baby pool they can get in?
The rails on the ship: are they close together, or is there plexi glass or anything like that, so I won't have to worry about him squeezing through?
Any other advice welcomed too!
Thanks a lot
Holly
Old 08-09-2005, 05:57 PM

I am going by memory (its been a few years since I sailed the Sun) so bear with me if I make a mistake or two.

<>

Yes, in all of the restaurants.

<>

I would take it. If you choose to sit by the main pool you can take it with you and set it up. There are no playpens on the ship for this purpose.

<>

Good question. I would believe that they do. Thanks for being responsible about it. Some parents think nothing of taking their quite young shildren into the pool and Jacuzzis.

<>

Not at all a problem. You do not have to worry. All of the public decks are very secure. However, if you have a balcony, be sure to keep the chairs away from the railing. It would be possible for a young one to climb the chair and then the railing if it were positioned just so.

<>

We cruised with our son when he was quite young and it gave us some very memorable memories. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. However, plan your schedule around your child's routine, or take a grand parent or two (or a nanny) if you want some alone time.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 08-10-2005, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. You have helped ease my mind. My parents are going too, so that should help
Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM

Not that I'm speaking from experience, but you may want to pack along some "swim diapers," especially if you want to take the baby into the pool with you. There may be some restrictions on babies and toddlers going into the pools, and I have heard that often swim diapers are required for that to be allowed.

Closed Thread

Tags
babies, baby, bring, cot, cruise, cruises, line, ncl, norwegian, norweigian, pack, play, policy, pool, pools