Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 05:30 PM

I am booked on the Spirit on 4?15 out of NY. We arrive at the island at 7:30 pm. I was wondering if they tender to the island that night? What time do they tender in the morning, as we are supposed to leave at 1 pm. Seems a little short. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

They don't tender at night. There are no lights on the island, so it is "closed" at night except to the NCL employees who live there.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks Dave. I am just trying to figure out our excursions at Nassau and the island. I wish we would stay overnight in Nassau instead, but I don't make the rules. Will there be enough time to snorkle on the island if we have to leave at 1:00?

Free Cruise Tickers

Free Cruise Tickers

Past Cruises-Ladies only Majesty of the seas- (2002)
Whole dam fam- NCL Spirit (2007)
Old 02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Sure, if you get there early enough! This is a really stupid stop if you ask me. Essentially 5 hours at best.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:30 PM

I totally agree. This is only my second cruise, and I was disappointed in the port times. In Cape Canaveral for about eight hours, Nassau for six, and over night at the island. I am hoping the ship will fulfill whatever wants we may have considering the "let-down" of the ports.

Free Cruise Tickers

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 02-27-2007, 04:16 AM

hdietsche1
We are cruising 3/4 - same ship and ports. Our 1st cruise !!! I look at it as, I booked the ship - not so much the ports. We're excited to see whats out there - but more excited to be with out the kids and have some freedom of our own. I guess everyone has their own idea of fun I'll let you know how things go if you want....
Old 02-28-2007, 02:40 PM

I would LOVE to hear how it goes. We are going with my parents, hubby's mom, and our two boys ages 11 and 6. I totally agree about just having fun, and we do!!! I guess I was hoping for the cake and eating it too. Can't wait to hear from you!

Free Cruise Tickers

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM

They do tender to GSC at night- it was a great evening party, the whole beach is jumping = great fun ... we could stay til 12 and then back in the AM at 7:30. I wished we had more time in the Bahamas but it did the job. We went to Atlantis in Nassua for a tour and still had plenty of time to shop and hang.... The water in Great stirrup cay was wonderful... a realaxing day!! The food, shows, staff were GREAT!!! We ahd NO problems - I must say the Chocolate buffet was a favorite! Any other ??'s - I'd be happy to answer!!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I am glad they tender that night. I was disappointed that we would only have a few hours on the island. I am so excited to get cruising. Time is ticking away. Did you do any excursions in canaveral?

Free Cruise Tickers

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 AM

Hi There going on this cruise on Sunday with husband and my 5 children, so happy to hear a good review- was getting nervous

How was the days at sea weather I mean and anything you could share about anything seeing you had such a great time- Thanks can't wait til Sunday!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cay, cruise, earlier, excursions, forum, great, issues, night, powered, reviews, stirrup, tender, tenders, tickets, vbulletin, weather