Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 PM

I have (11) clients taking Pride of Hawaii on 7/16. Since NCL could not guarantee a specific room at the hotel they decided to book it independently (the same hotel NCL is using.) Now NCL is charging $50 air deviation PLUS $60-$80 PER PERSON for flying in early. The $50 per person seems reasonable I suppose but an additional $60-$80 p/p when NCL is flying in people on the same day with their hotel package seem outrageous. That is at least $110 per person additional. To top it off they won't give a firm price until closer to sailing. Is this the norm for NCL? I guess I'm puzzled by how they can be quoting airfare rates to clients who are taking their precruise hotel package but the same rates (plus the air deviation) don't apply to my clients. How are the customers to know what the final rates will be prior to depositing if NCL can't figure it out until 90 before sailing? Has anyone had this happen with NCL? Any other cruisline offering hotel packages can provide this information. What's up?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 AM

Huh? Let me get this straight.. the cruise does not sail until NEXT July (well out of the full refund cancellation window) and your passengers are booking their OWN hotel and only want NCL's airfare? And NCL wants to charge them $110 for not using a hotel package that your clients could not get through them anyway??? Why not cancel all the effected cruises, and re-book with only airfare? I don't know of any cruise line that requires you to use their airfare and or hotel packages. What about cancelling the airfare too and just book the cruise with NCL. Then book the airfare (which can normally be found cheaper on your own anyway) seperate from the cruise. WORSt case your cilents will need to provide their own transport from the airport to hotel to cruise terminal, but that has to be cheaper than $110 each.

I just don't get it...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-18-2006, 05:52 PM

I am just going to book the air seperately but the idea they do this annoys me. I guess its their cruiseline. They can do what they wish. I just haven't heard many raves about NCL to believe they can be that outrageous with charges. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Closed Thread