Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 PM

Someone help me! I've emailed the ship coordinator three times, called twice and no response. Is there a special hotline number I can call to have a bottle of vodka delivered to our room upon boarding? Is this even something that ncl does?

thanks for any comments!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:40 AM

The only help I can suggest is down at the bottom of their web site www.ncl.com it has "contact us" click on that and you'll find several personal to contact. Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi Dawnie 7085

Yes, you can order a bar set-up on the Sun. I did it this past August and it's a lot better than trying to "smuggle" something on. You just call the regular number that's in the brochure as if you were ordering a "Bon Voyage" basket or something, but when they answer, you ask for the ship coordinator. They don't work on weekends, but usually are available by 9 a.m. or so during the week. I found out about it from a posting on this web site and it's what we will do from now on. There's a mark-up on the bottle, but the convenience is just great and when you board - your "bar" is right there in your cupboard. We sure enjoyed some great drinks on our balcony, watching the beauty of Alaska go by. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Thank you so much! At least there is hope! I don't mind paying the mark up. It's better than it being confiscated and still cheaper than what it would be per drink at the bar. I'll call tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:21 PM

Can a person order a bar set up once on board?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Hi bmh, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I saw on NCL's website, bon voyage packages that can be ordered. Here is the link, it may answer more than one of the questions here.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:07 PM

I must be a little slow to-day, only I can not find a link explaining how to have the fridge stocked either before or after we board.
from the web site you suggested Penny, Sorry to be a pain.

Bryan
Old 10-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Hi bmh. The way I did it for our August Cruise on the sun is this:

About 3 or so weeks before our cruise we received a package with a pamphlet that gave a phone number if we wanted to order anything on board (such as flowers, romance packages, etc.). I called that toll free number and asked for the ship coordinator. The first time I did this it was on the weekend and that person doesn't work on the weekends. I called on a week day (about 9:30 a.m.) and spoke to her and asked her for what I wanted. She gave me a price and asked for my credit card information. Then when we boarded, we looked in the cupboard and everything we had asked for was there. The bill came on my next credit card bill.

It was very smooth and we had no problems. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM

Great info, thank you.

We called NCL to-day and they informed me the fridge was already stocked when we arrived. If we needed a "top up" we simply had to inform the steward. Not sure about that, all the other cruises we were on did not do this.

I think we will wait for the package in the mail and go from there.

Thanks again Kraftsinc.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Hi bmh,

When they are talking about the fridge being "stocked" they are absolutely correct. It's a mini bar with the $9.00 mini bottles and outrageously priced peanuts. However, the soda is the same price as you pay at the bar ($2.00) so if you use it, you just record it and they will replace it. Otherwise, the little bottles of liquor and things are pretty expensive. The bar set up is more economical and convenient.

We just moved all the "mini bar" stuff up to one of the cupboards and left it alone during our cruise. Then we used the fridge for our own "stuff".

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, bon, cruise, jewel, line, menu, mini, ncl, norwegian, package, price, room, set, sun, up, voyage