Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lbt43:
Just found out we are still going! Whoooooo Hoooo!
So when are you going to give us the backstory??
Old 04-16-2006, 09:17 PM

It was just a misunderstanding, My girlfriend is in south america and I thought she said she couldnt go, but she can.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:13 AM

If you look at the cancellation fee schedule...

it say length of cruise..days prior to departure..cruise canc'l fee.. that is the fee or what you will lose if you cancel. All of the cruises you will lose your deposit if you cancel.

take the first one.. cruises 7 days or less (excluding Hawaii) if you cancel up to 30 days prior you lose your deposit. If you cancel 8-28 days prior to departure you lose your deposit PLUS you lose 50% of your balance price which you will have had to pay by then. 7 Days before you lose all of it.

This is the American site as well. So it looks like wether your in the USA or UK deposits are non refundable. That is always the case regardless if it is a cruise or package holidays.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Administrator

You will get your deposit back provided you cancel before final payment is due. Looking at the link, that would be 91+ days prior to departure of holiday cruises (or if you are in a Garden Villa), and 76+ days otherwise. This is typical policy in the US. It is possible, and likely, that it is treated differently in the UK.

In any case, I am glad to hear you are going on your cruise, lbt43. Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Administrator

MeShell,

I must be special then, because I have cancelled cruises before - including with NCL - and have done so prior to final payment due date and had all of my money returned including the deposit.

You mentioned a couple losing their deposit with RCCL. Here is the U.S. RCCL Link which shows that all monies are returned if a 7 day cruise is cancelled by the 70 day window, and 60 days for 3-4 day cruises. Are you in the UK? That could be the difference. Also, the agency you work for may have it's own rules where they keep the deposit for cancellations even though the cruise line refunded it.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Lisa,

I guess it is a UK thing. Looking at the UK NCL Site it appears the deposit is forfeited in any cancellation scenario.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:44 PM

Yes I am in the UK. This is the norm for travel bookings done with cruise and holiday companies in the UK. No it wasn't our company that kept the deposit.. RCCL did.

So things sounds very different in the USA.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

MeShell,

Indeed, things are different for us in the States. I wouldn't stand for losing my deposit if I cancelled early enough. I imagine this is true for most Americans which is why the cruise lines have different policies for us as opposed to the UK.

Closed Thread