Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2006, 04:22 PM

My family took a cruise back in April on NCL. This evening I received a call from "Back to the Carribean" telling me we had won a trip to Grand Cayman or Bonair (7 nights)for $518 total, air not included as a result of something we had filled out on the cruise. The trip has to be taken within 2 yrs but they wanted my visa right away.

Anyone else heard of this? Is it legit??
Old 09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Administrator

I'd be wary of any company that phoned you and wanted your credit card number immediately. I have never had any dealings with this company. Do you have any paperwork from the entry form they say you filled out on the cruise? This would have information on any contest, and would tell you how prizes are claimed.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:50 PM

Hi Lisa
No,I have nothing. But she told me I had filled out a ballot and wrote that my favourite port of call was Guatemala. I do remember filling out something and writing that down. So it's definitely connected with the cruise. I'm just hoping someone else who travelled NCL will know more about this.

Oh and along with the 7 nights in Grand Cayman or Bonaire is one week in Florida that can be taken after the Caribbean trip or anytime within the following year.

What is it they say? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!!

Thanks...does this sound familiar to anyone else??
Old 09-02-2006, 06:05 AM

If they're asking for money from you, then you "won" nothing. This is obviously, at worst, a scam, and at best, at "for-profit" organization who is trying to make a sale.

Also alarming is the fact that they contacted you and are asking for a credit card #. Given the nature of credit card fraud, I wouldn't think a legitmate company would conduct business this way. Before giving them any additonal information, including credit card #, I would thoroughly check them out. This doesn't sound right to me and I believe I would run the opposite direction.

Regards,
Garnett
Old 09-02-2006, 07:10 AM

Whenever you get a phone call like this, ignore it. If you get something like this in the mail, trash it. These gimicks are usually tied in to a timeshare pitch, and they usually have so many restrictions, taxes, extra costs, etc.etc. Ignore them!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM

NEVER EVER give yoru credit card number to someone who "cold calls" you on the phone.

You won nothing. $518 without airfare? Even if you went to a travel agent I would believe you could do better than this. If you had won something actually tied to the NCL cruise, it would not have taken this long for them to notify you. At best this is a time share scam, at worst this is someone looking for a credit card number to steal your identity.

RUN!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-27-2006, 08:26 AM

My mom and I have both won trips in the past. One through a furniture store (where we filled out a ballat) and the other through a radio station - you know 7th caller type of thing. We never ever had to give a credit card nor PAY ONE RED CENT. Anytime you are asked for your credit card it is a SCAM. Associated with a cruise line or not. You really should be wary of filling out any type of ballot or form while away from the US or Canada, your name is going to get sold to another scam agency and you are then on their hit list for all kinds of garbage calls. Be wary.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I avoid all entry forms. Home shows are notorious for drawings. Someone tells you that you have a chance to win a trip for two. Then if you read the "small" print it may say you must be married or make a certain income or whatever but you can be sure that at some point someone will call you from that entry form to either tell you that you won "a prize" (not the trip) or something else and would like to set up an appointment to deliver your prize and talk to you about a special offer.

My husband did fill out a form for a company that was offering a drawing for a $3,000 Home Depot gift card. Well I will be darn but they called my husband to tell him he had won. Of course he asked what the catch was. They said no catch, though he would have to pay taxes on it. We actually got the card in the mail and took it to Home Depot. Would you believe...it was good! New refrigerator and washer and dryer for my new home.

So, not all drawings are a scam. Some really are legit BUT I still will not fill them out. My husbband can if he wants.

Anything you have to pay for in NOT a Win. If they are asking for $500.00 how are you a winner? Book your own vacations.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Banned

I know that when you have to PAY for something you usually didnt win, be weary.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Maybe since this issue keeps coming up, people should contact NCL/NCLA and express their concerns. I'm sure NCL/NCLA would appreciate knowing customers are getting scammed after filling out some ballot on board their ships. Not good PR.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ncl, notice, scam, won