Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned

I might be booking another cruise. I am used to RCL quality so......
Old 04-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Princess
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned

Been on the Grand Princess and the Diamond Princess, both beautiful mega ships. Have also been on NCL Dream, NCL Pearl, NCL Star, and NCL Jewel, all beautiful ships also. For the price and overall value, and the Freestyle dining we like NCL's newer ships and will be back on the NCL Pearl to Alaska May 20, 2007.

Then off to Hawaii on the Diamond Princess, DEc 3rd, 2007. It's a tough question and hard to determine what you might like better. Since we like the idea of a 14 day cruise to Hawaii, Princess met our schedule, and we have sailed the Diamond Princess before, so it was an easy choice for us. I think the Grand, Diamond and Saffire Princess is a little more upscale, just a little. We love both cruise lines to rate both a 9 on a scale of 10. That's pretty good for both lines. I would think a lot would determine on what ship for Princess or NCL you are choosing. No matter what, you will have a quality cruise experience on any of the newer ships either Princess or NCL.

You may go to:

www.photoshow.com/members/dziak2

for a Photo review of the Grand Princess, Diamond Princess, NCL Star, NCL Jewel, NCL Pearl and the NCL Dream.

Enjoy the photoshow and most of all enjoy your cruise.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Cruiselover, describe "RCL quality..." By letting us know exactly what you like about Royal Caribbean, we can help you with the pros and (yes) cons of Princess and NCL with your needs in mind.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM
CRUISELOVER94, LisaP is right; tell us what you like about RCL, or put another way, why are you considering Princess and NCL if you like RCL? I think most people seem to prefer Princess to NCL but NCL has its very devoted fans too.

I would suggest Princess for overall quality and value.
Besides, I think NCL's hull art is ridiculous.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:

Besides, I think NCL's hull art is ridiculous.
Reminiscent of the 60's maybe? You are much kinder than I, I would have put "art" in parenthesis.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Banned

The hull graphics on NCL is bright, and uplifting. It's modern and they are the only ones that carry the graphics. It's their brand and the artwork (graphics), separates NCL from all other cruise ships. When you see the artwork on the ships in port, you surely know it's an NCL vessel. We love the graphics.

But this thread is about NCL or Princess. I agree tell us why you like RCL, and what you'd expect on NCL or Princess vs. RCL.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Richard & Mary, from what I understand it isin't only the hull graphics that separates NCL from the other cruise chips.

But that's the great thing about this site--we can agree to disagree and still be friends.

And you are right; this thread is about CRUISELOVER94, not NCL hull graphics.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I was just on the RCL Voyager of the Seas and found it to be a wonderful ship. I also was on the NCL Jewel and found it to be comparable to the Voyager both in food and cruise experience. I guess it all comes down to personal choice and what your expectations are. Personally I like the hull paintings because most of the ships all look alike now and this just sets it off from all the rest.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
That it does.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, art, cruise, cruises, hull, line, ncl, norwegian, pearl, princess, reviews, sapphire, star, versus, vs