Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 AM

The drink prices in NCL have really gone up from my last trip a year ago.
All the good specials on drinks beer buckets, cocktails in the cheap plastic mugs allot of these value packages had gone, asked the staff they said new boss for the hotel side, lots of fancy ideas, but less value than my trips in 2004 and 2005.
If you have bottles in your luggage they will check your baggage’s and more than likely will take the bottles to return to you at end of cruise.
What to care on use wine in a box bags for your drinks.
From what my friends say that cruise a variety of companies NCL was good value for drinks in the past but not any more. Call up the different cruise lines and check; always get in writing as what the call centers say and what happens on the ship are 2 different things.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Darryl:
Hi All:

All should be set now hopefully and I should be booking this week after final vacation clearance from my boss for 9/30/06 on the Spirit. (I hope I'm going, otherwise I'll have to amend my little cruisemag countdown timer).

Anyway, I've been told various things by folks that have traveled other lines about alcohol in bottles but here's my question about NCL specifically.

Can you get room service to bring you a whole bottle of something for consumption onboard? I know they don't allow you to bring your own and I am not the type of person that would hide liquor under the guise of Listerine like many have suggested.

Has anyone ever ordered a bottle before? There will be three of us, we all like Gin & Tonic and thought it'd be a great thing to not have to pay for every drink. Plus, I like mixing my own! I’m quite sure we’d hardly touch the whole bottle but still figured it’d be more cost-effective this way.

I wonder if there is any hope of getting Bombay Sapphire.

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Hi Darryl,

You're so clever...the limo? You sound like me with getting all excited about surprising Paul. I love it. I really enjoy planning cool things and surprising my husband. Hope all goes well. You're definitely starting the vacation off with a bang. Glad Paul is doing so well with the real estate!

Hey kiddo, you'd best be packin' those bags...that trip is coming up soon!

Susan
Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 AM

[quote]Originally posted by marc21:
The drink prices in NCL have really gone up from my last trip a year ago.

Must admit I am worried about the price of booze on the Norwegian Wind. How much is a glass of champagne, wine or beer going to cost me at any bar on the NW?

Saw the wine list prices. They must be joking!!

Surely you don't pay $30 for a bottle of wine for dinner?

When we cruise the Pacific on any of the P&O cruises operating from Sydney or Brisbane ALL the booze is duty free!!! Not that my wife and I want ot go on a booze trip, but why should I pay over the top plus tip, for a glass of wine on NCL when I can buy a whole bottle of decent wine in Australia for the same price.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 PM

When we last cruised Norweigan, the butler said that full bottles were not available, but when I contacted the concierge, she arranged a litre of Myers for around $40 (plus 15% tip). Sounds like room service can help you out as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, bora, bringing, cruise, epic, gauguin, ncl, paul, regent, reviews, room, seas, service, smuggling, sneaking