Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I plan on taking a cruise onboard the NCL Pearl in December. I am wondering if the ship has a Wireless Wi-Fi network onboard. One in which my laptop can use?

I know that Carnival cruiselines has such a Wi-Fi network onboard some of their ships. I wonder if the same is true for NCL and their ships.

It would be nice to be able to use my laptop onboard during my cruise, so I could email my friends and family with photos of me enjoying myself onboard and wishing they were there too.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 AM

I am going on the Gem also in Dec. I understand there is wireless on the ship. I am staying in the Garden Villa and they supply a laptop and printer to use.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
On the Pearl 2 wks ago.
They have hook ups in the rooms but I think they might charge for it. I did see a lot of people using lap top all over the ship that were not hooked up. I don't know if that would be wireless as you asked. I heard people say they used theirs on shore but again don't know if there is a charge.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
There is wireless on the ship, but there is a charge.....You can buy packages...and they aren't cheap....I leave the PC at home and enjoy the cruise.....to many things to do rather than be on a keyboard.....Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Bob E

I agree 100%
If you can't live without your PC for the cruise stay home

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Frase - I am aboard the NCL Dawn as I write this response. Yes, there is wireless connection aboard the NCL ships. Time Plans are 250 minutes for $100US, plus 30 min bonus. 100 minutes for $55US, plus 15 min bonus and/or $0.75 min pay as you go!

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Thank you Billy Buzzy.

I hope that you are having (still having?) or had a great cruise on the Dawn.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Frase- We are enjoying a better than perfect cruise, this is the second such cruise we've had aboard the Dawn. We do love this ship soooo much! In the course of this cruise we dined with the Staff Captain and found ourselves upgraded to a penthouse! It just keeps getting better and better with NCL.

We both enjoy over 55 years of cruising but have never had as spectacular a cruise as we are now enjoying! This is a definite attaboy for the NCL Cruiseline, the officers and crew of the Dawn! We shall disembark speechless and in awe of this adventure!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
connection, crew, cruise, dawn, internet, kind, laptop, line, ncl, network, nncl, norwegian, password, pearl, wifi, wireless